Russian invasion of Ukraine

It's so easy to end this war, NATO should use their air force, f35,f22,B2, B1B, fire thousands of stealth missiles. And the war will be over, in one week. Why don't they do it?
Because NATO is a defensive alliance. No country including Russia has ever been under threat from NATO.
It doesn't start or end wars that doesn't involve NATO members. It's sole purpose is to stop members being invaded/attacked.

However, it does take exception when one non NATO state like Russia tries to stop another non NATO state like Ukraine from joining. It is the Ukraine business and nobody else's if it wants to join.

It's an agreement not to invade each other, and defend each other if invaded/attacked.
Therefore Russia could never be a member. Because they have never stuck to any agreement they have ever made!

Last edited:
Because NATO is a defensive alliance.
It doesn't start or end wars that doesn't involve NATO members.

However, it does take exception when one non NATO state like Russia try to stop another non NATO state like Ukraine from joining. It is the Ukraine business and nobody else's if it wants to join...
OK, NATO can't do it, but the US UK and its allies can still do a lot of things. They don't need all NATO countries.
And those EURO countries ,they will follow the orders from the US, won't they?

It's so easy to end this war, NATO should use their air force, f35,f22,B2, B1B, fire thousands of stealth missiles. And the war will be over, in one week. Why don't they do it?
Because the world would probably be over as well as we'd move to the Radio-Active Nuclear Winter age.

It's like if Russia had attacked the US in Vietnam. If they had done it, it would have been "Go to WW3 nobody can pass go - remove everybodies hotels and houses from the board and set money to useless ". Whereas they actually supplied the arms to Vietnam - Thus making Vietnam an irritant to increase the US's costs to win rather dramatically.
Eventually it was too costly for the US to remain in Vietnam. We have to make Russian costs in Ukraine so high that they get out.

Last edited:
OK, NATO can't do it, but the US UK and its allies can still do a lot of things. They don't need all NATO countries.
And those EURO countries ,they will follow the orders from the US, won't they?
They could and i wish they would.
But to escalate a conflict that could bring their nations into direct war with Russia would be irresponsible.

Russia/Putin is a rabid dog that needs putting down.
It serves no positive reason to exist. Most Russians deep down know this. They don't even value their own lives.
It just repeat's the same mistakes generation after generation. Blaming everybody else for it's problems. Causing misery around the world.

It needs a totally new reset. Some young Russians want a different path. But the state just cracks down harder.
So change and a positive outlook is never going to happen, so the world just remains a dangerous place.

Again, i feel sorry for the more enlightened Russians who have to live there.

Last edited:
They could and i wish they would.
But to escalate a conflict that could bring their nations into direct war with Russia would be irresponsible.

Russia/Putin is a rabid dog that needs putting down.
It serves no positive reason to exist. Most Russia deep down know this. They don't even value their own lives.
It just repeat's the same mistakes generation after generation. Blaming everybody else for it's problems. Causing misery around the world.

It needs a totally new reset. Some young Russians want a different path. But the state just cracks down harder.
So change and a positive outlook is never going to happen, so the world just remains a dangerous place.

Again, i feel sorry for the more enlightened Russians who have to live there.
Their country was reset in 1991, I don't think many Russian want a new reset.
It's a little unrealistic to keep the faith of "Russian people want demorcracy let's do it again".
Sorry if that sounds offensive. I 'm not a native speaker.

It's funny, there was a time where i thought Russia had a chance to become a strong, but friendly nation.
The space programme was one example.
I admired their ingenuity to come up with so many innovations on such a meagre budget.
Imagine what the Russians could have invented if they had the budget of the USA?
They have all those natural resources, and hard working people.
Yet they decided (where forced) to hand it all over to one man. They have given him everything.
Yet he has convinced them that HE was doing THEM a favour!

Russia's problem is they have never grown up.
They have never ben allowed to.
It is hard to fight for something that you don't even know you need!

Because the world would probably be over as well as we'd move to the Radio-Active Nuclear Winter age.

It's like if Russia had attacked the US in Vietnam. If they had done it, it would have been "Go to WW3 nobody can pass go - remove everybodies hotels and houses from the board and set money to useless ". Whereas they actually supplied the arms to Vietnam - Thus making Vietnam an irritant to increase the US's costs to win rather dramatically.
Eventually it was too costly for the US to remain in Vietnam. We have to make Russian costs in Ukraine so high that they get out.
I don't have that much confidence in nuclear weapons. I mean, the US are preparing a direct war with xxxxx which has nuclear weapons for decades.
I'm afraid the era of "nuclear weapons can stop wars" has been end.

That's why some of my posts now include the phrase "This war has cost him".
Whatever happens, the cost to Russia can never be recouped. Not in Putin's (hopefully short) life time any way.

I don't have that much confidence in nuclear weapons. I mean, the US are preparing a direct war with xxxxx which has nuclear weapons for decades.
I'm afraid the era of "nuclear weapons can stop wars" has been end.

No, the Nuclear deterrent is as strong as it's ever been.
The only bit you left out was "it only stops wars between counties that BOTH have nuclear missiles"
Preparing and actually thinking of using nuclear missiles are totally different. The US isn't planning to attack ANY nation with nukes. That just shite/propaganda.
It does nothing when a nuclear country invades a non nuclear country. Especially one that signed an agreement to never invade as long as it gave them all it's nuclear missiles!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.