Russian invasion of Ukraine

No, the Nuclear deterrent is as strong as it's ever been.
The only bit you left out was "it only stops wars between counties that BOTH have nuclear missiles"
It does nothing when a nuclear country invades a non nuclear country. Especially one that signed an agreement to never invade as long as it gave them all it's nuclear missiles!
I think nuclear weapons can prevent nuclear war.
But there's still a way to go from a traditional war to nuclear war.
If the US use their air force to destory entire Russia's ground force in Ukraine. It's not that easy for Russia's leader to make up the mind to push the red button.

A complete failure of Western democracies to support democracy.
I am appauled.

Too much wishful thinking by European countries and too much reliance on the US. The Biden administration is hamstrung by not wanting to provide too much support and the GOP is lost somewhere up Putin’s arse.

Macron has belatedly woken up to this failure by Europe. Others in Central and Eastern Europe were acutely aware of the issues ie Poland et al. Europe needs to develop it‘s own defensive capabilities to look after its collective security and the US is no longer the answer irrespective of who wins the Presidency. It is simply too unreliable going forward.

I suspect this is due to the lack of AMMs @SPIDERBOY was talking about.

Russian Airforce for the first time in the entire invasion....flew over frontlines today,dropping bombs.
A decision needs to be made,quickly,regards missiles.
Plant was hit with KH-69 missiles....can launch from 400km away.

Slava Ukraini.

Last edited:
Genuine question, as I've no idea, but how much is Ukraine doing to manufacture it's own critical weapons ?

Thinking back to WW2 (not that I was part of it), the UK had to build it's own planes, tanks, and munitions, we didn't get world wide help at the start, obviously we were lucky to have the English Channel as a defence, but we went heavily into production of defensive weapons to start with, and eventually offensive ones.

It's not critisism, just a question.

I'm thinking about the anti air stuff in particular, can't other countries give them the build plans, and they can manufacture them at home, we're 2 years in, and I never read much about this, only drones which have been succesful. Yes I know it's very costly, but russia seems to be spending on nothing else right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.