Russian invasion of Ukraine

No, the Nuclear deterrent is as strong as it's ever been.
The only bit you left out was "it only stops wars between counties that BOTH have nuclear missiles"
Preparing and actually thinking of using nuclear missiles are totally different. The US isn't planning to attack ANY nation with nukes. That just shite/propaganda.
It does nothing when a nuclear country invades a non nuclear country. Especially one that signed an agreement to never invade as long as it gave them all it's nuclear missiles!

Having nuclear weapons doesn't stop India and Pakistan having go at each other ;)

Genuine question, as I've no idea, but how much is Ukraine doing to manufacture it's own critical weapons ?

Thinking back to WW2 (not that I was part of it), the UK had to build it's own planes, tanks, and munitions, we didn't get world wide help at the start, obviously we were lucky to have the English Channel as a defence, but we went heavily into production of defensive weapons to start with, and eventually offensive ones.

It's not critisism, just a question.

I'm thinking about the anti air stuff in particular, can't other countries give them the build plans, and they can manufacture them at home, we're 2 years in, and I never read much about this, only drones which have been succesful. Yes I know it's very costly, but russia seems to be spending on nothing else right now.
They are manufacturing thousands of drones per month...air,land and sea.
AFVs are also being produced as well as certain missiles.
It's a struggle though with fuck all to defend production sites.

Slava Ukraini.

They are manufacturing thousands of drones per month...air,land and sea.
AFVs are also being produced as well as certain missiles.
It's a struggle though with fuck all to defend production sites.

Slava Ukraini.
Yes I see that, but perhaps they should have focussed first on defending the production (and energy) sites, by producing defensive missiles, and not offensive ones. Relying on the US/others to gift them was a bit of a mistake, but I don't know what the expertise on production is/was.

In WW2 we had half the women producing ammunition, I don't get that vibe from Ukraine.

Like I said, it's not critisism, just questions.

Yes I see that, but perhaps they should have focussed first on defending the production (and energy) sites, by producing defensive missiles, and not offensive ones. Relying on the US/others to gift them was a bit of a mistake, but I don't know what the expertise on production is/was.

In WW2 we had half the women producing ammunition, I don't get that vibe from Ukraine.

I’m gonna guess anti air missiles are probably far harder to make.

Britain had the luxury of being an island and not directly connected to their aggressor. Plus there were no precision bombing technology or drones in WW2.

Though there is nothing to stop one of Ukraines ally neighbours setting up munitions facilities I guess, maybe employ the numerous refugees in them.

And factors. The US and others guaranteed what was needed, that seems to have gone totally to shit with Trump’s interference.

Difficult to grow your own when you are defending a huge aggressor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.