Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yes I said that earlier in the thread.

No it was carpet bombing, they didn't give a shit what
Yes I said that earlier in the thread.

No it was carpet bombing, they didn't give a shit what they hit.
No one cared what they hit, all sides. Putin is if same ilk. Any major munitions factory would need resources, man power and actual power. He’d drop missiles on it and the surrounding area in a heartbeat. Ukraine would need air superiority, like Britain pretty much had after ‘41, To protect any facilities.

I don't know, hence the question as to why this wasn't a priority, can't the blueprints be shared and copied ?

Not sure why plans are not shared but high precision stuff is usually very much custom built. I think the US only make 500/550 Patriot missiles a year themselves.

If I were Ukraine I’d be looking at alternatives. I have been mulling ideas in my head about drone swarms that intercept missiles/attack drones. May work for slower missiles and other drones but probably not fast ones.

As a long time friend of the US, I despair of the current crop of US politicians - I really do.
The Democrates have done nothing to pass Ukraine funding in the House of Representatives - indeed 21 of them have not even signed the petition to bring the Senate bill to a vote in the House bypassing the Speaker's shenanigans.
They appear to be as happy as the Republicans (aka GOP) to play political games at the expense of Ukraine and Europe and NATO.
Biden is the same - he has $4bn of funding he could use now to show willing or indeed be creative by paying Ukraine to dispose of cluster munitions more cheaply than a US company could, munitions that have been deemed illegal by the West's "ethcal war" lobby (a misnomer if ever there was one).
But no, the bottom line is Democrates are happy to watch Ukrainian's die so they can put the blame on Republicans.

Last edited:

The UK sending this prototype laser fire weapon to Ukraine we are developing for our army in 2027
Everything takes so long it’s needed now just hurry up and send the prototypes now.

The main issue with that is if they fall into Russian hands. we are basically giving them our bleeding edge tech to steel from. so there would have to be assurances that these are only used away from the front line etc.

Edit: that being said im all for sending these. especially if they are used to protect the Ukrainian war manufacturing plants and general infrastructure etc allowing other more traditional anti air systems to move forward to the front more.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.