Russian invasion of Ukraine

As a long time friend of the US, I despair of the current crop of US politicians - I really do.
The Democrates have done nothing to pass Ukraine funding in the House of Representatives - indeed 21 of them have not even signed the petition to bring the Senate bill to a vote in the House bypassing the Speaker's shenanigans.
They appear to be as happy as the Republicans (aka GOP) are to play political games at the expense of Ukraine and Europe and NATO.
Biden is the same - he has $4bn of funding he could use now to show willing or indeed be creative by paying Ukraine to dispose of cluster munitions more cheaply than a US company could, that have been deemed illegal by the West's "ethcal war" lobby (a misnomer if ever there was one).
But no, the bottom line is Democrates are happy to watch Ukrainian's die so they can put the blame on Republicans.

I join you Anorak America dragging it out, Biden is to blame in my view even though I don’t understand much about US politics.
As the president he can free up the Ukraine funding in exactly the same way funding for Israel was passed.
As you say “Ukrainians die“ and Democrats are happy to watch. I keep posting promises of military aid for Ukraine god knows how long it takes to get there if it ever does.

I join you Anorak America dragging it out, Biden is to blame in my view even though I don’t understand much about US politics.
As the president he can free up the Ukraine funding in exactly the same way funding for Israel was passed.
As you say “Ukrainians die“ and Democrats are happy to watch. I keep posting promises of military aid for Ukraine god knows how long it takes to get there if it ever does.

Thats not been passed either. its all on the same bill as Ukraines, along with Taiwan. All being blocked by Trump and the GOP. I think the only thing with Isreal that is being passed is the OK to sell them arms.

I do think Biden could use executive powers to force it through but others ( who have move knowledge of the US political system than I do ) say its not so easy, I think he would have to state Russia is a clear and present danger to the US to get it through which is a major step.

The main issue with that is if they fall into Russian hands. we are basically giving them our bleeding edge tech to steel from. so there would have to be assurances that these are only used away from the front line etc.

Edit: that being said im all for sending these. especially if they are used to protect the Ukrainian war manufacturing plants and general infrastructure etc allowing other more traditional anti air systems to move forward to the front more.

In that case “what are they for”? Russia can steal the technology anyway and probably already have.
To many restrictions already holding Ukraine back even the TV news yesterday was playing up on Ukrainian call up age, how the lads are running away treating it as if it’s a war rehearsal game when it’s the real thing and we don’t want to help the Russians out.

As a long time friend of the US, I despair of the current crop of US politicians - I really do.
The Democrates have done nothing to pass Ukraine funding in the House of Representatives - indeed 21 of them have not even signed the petition to bring the Senate bill to a vote in the House bypassing the Speaker's shenanigans.
They appear to be as happy as the Republicans (aka GOP) are to play political games at the expense of Ukraine and Europe and NATO.
Biden is the same - he has $4bn of funding he could use now to show willing or indeed be creative by paying Ukraine to dispose of cluster munitions more cheaply than a US company could, that have been deemed illegal by the West's "ethcal war" lobby (a misnomer if ever there was one).
But no, the bottom line is Democrates are happy to watch Ukrainian's die so they can put the blame on Republicans.
The double standards displayed by the US and the west over Israel and Ukraine is astounding. We are quite content to supply weapons to Israel who are clearly intent on carrying out the genocide in all but name of Gaza citizens. But the west condem Russia for doing largely the same in Ukraine and now won't support Ukraine in defending its self.

Thats not been passed either. its all on the same bill as Ukraines, along with Taiwan. All being blocked by Trump and the GOP. I think the only thing with Isreal that is being passed is the OK to sell them arms.

I do think Biden could use executive powers to force it through but others ( who have move knowledge of the US political system than I do ) say its not so easy, I think he would have to state Russia is a clear and present danger to the US to get it through which is a major step.
Yes I can see that, I read Biden already approved F35 and military aid for Israel by himself it’s just made up news then. We are still waiting for an approval

The double standards displayed by the US and the west over Israel and Ukraine is astounding. We are quite content to supply weapons to Israel who are clearly intent on carrying out the genocide in all but name of Gaza citizens. But the west condem Russia for doing largely the same in Ukraine and now won't support Ukraine in defending its self.
I’m looking at it as Israel fighting terrorists and Ukraine fighting a world power invaded by bombs and tanks and Thousands of soldiers dying every day.
There is no comparison between the two America has lost its way if it thinks that the southern border issues and Israel’s fight with terrorist is a reason to withhold funds to Ukraine
Every country has border issues and faces terrorism every day we didn’t flatten N Ireland to get rid of the IRA bombs did we. Ukraine faces a huge military machine America just can’t see the threat to all of us including them

In that case “what are they for”? Russia can steal the technology anyway and probably already have.
To many restrictions already holding Ukraine back even the TV news yesterday was playing up on Ukrainian call up age, how the lads are running away treating it as if it’s a war rehearsal game when it’s the real thing and we don’t want to help the Russians out.

We have not given some of our best missiles for the same reason. its pretty much the main reason ( given reason ) why the west has only supplied 30 odd year old B grade tech.

In Moscow, the car of ex-SBU employee and traitor Vasyl Proznorov was blown up, the Russian media write.

It is reported that a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado car exploded when a man tried to start it.

As a result, the collaborator was injured and is now in the hospital.

In 2014, Prozorov sided with the Russian Federation and cooperated with the Russian special services. A few years ago, he fled to the Russian Federation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.