Russian invasion of Ukraine

I fear politically at least and maybe with the public that the initial support and determination is fading. Story fatigue, Israel conflict and no political gain being the main reasons .

Without doubt that has happened, we're lucky to be an island pretty far away from it all, but the Baltics,Poland and Finland seem to understand the reality of the situation and are ready if they need to be.

Got any links about the Aid? need to read what its meaning.

Thanks. No rush. Had a busy week so may have missed something :)

In truth Israel already purchased F35 when it was first Introduced in 2016 in 2018 they were combat ready
2020 the second Israeli squadron was combat ready
2022 3 more F35 arrives in Israel to make up 3 squadron's. I suppose if Israel can afford the F 35 then it isn’t something new. The last three are probably the ones Biden approved and any military support can be paid back

Ukraine probably can’t afford to buy them as finding the money will be difficult and the US were talking about a loan. The Second World War crippled our country trying to pay off the US loans to save Europe and free the prisoners made America rich Ukraine has to be able to pay or not a good loan prospect I’m guessing really that helping them comes down to money ? tell me I’m wrong that it’s not down to money please.

Lockheed says Israel will buy third squadron of F-35s in coming months​

23rd February 2024 - 09:41 GMT | by Norbert Neumann in Singapore
RSS

Israel approved the purchase of a third squadron of F-35 stealth fighter jets in a deal worth $3 billion last July. (Photo: IDF)
Lockheed Martin has revealed insights into the latest developments surrounding the F-35 programme, from pending Letters of Acceptance (LoAs) with Israel and Greece, to ongoing Tech Refresher 3 upgrades.

Lockheed Martin has said it anticipates signing two new Letters of Acceptances (LoA) for additional F-35 fighter jets, as Israel looks to extend its fifth-generation fighter fleet, while Greece will join the ranks of F-35 customers.
“One [of the LoAs will be] to an existing customer, Israel, in the next few months,” Steve Over, director of F-35 international BD at Lockheed Martin, told Shephard in an exclusive interview.
Israel, currently in conflict in Gaza, approved the purchase of a third squadron of F-35 stealth fighter jets in a deal worth US$3 billion last July. Over said the new jets would be in the same “Adir” configuration.

RELATED ARTICLES​

US approves F-16 deal for Turkey and F-35 package for Greece
Is Turkey’s potential return to the F-35 programme aligned with evolving defence priorities?
Israel prepares F-35s for potential mission in Iran
Israel has also been seeking 25 F-15IA fighter jets (the Israeli variant of the Boeing-made F-15EX) and 12 Apache attack helicopters. Discussions regarding all three platforms have been

In truth Israel already purchased F35 when it was first Introduced in 2016 in 2018 they were combat ready
2020 the second Israeli squadron was combat ready
2022 3 more F35 arrives in Israel to make up 3 squadron's. I suppose if Israel can afford the F 35 then it isn’t something new. The last three are probably the ones Biden approved and any military support can be paid back

Ukraine probably can’t afford to buy them as finding the money will be difficult and the US were talking about a loan. The Second World War crippled our country trying to pay off the US loans to save Europe and free the prisoners made America rich Ukraine has to be able to pay or not a good loan prospect I’m guessing really that helping them comes down to money ? tell me I’m wrong that it’s not down to money please.
Forgive my interjection, but I think most materiel at this point is direct aid and not loans. While Israel might be paying for the F-35s, with so much direct aid it’s often the right hand paying the left hand.

Same with Ukraine. The Republican House is trying to block direct aid under the guise that it is helping balloon deficits at home while Ukraine is not a NATO member we are “forced” to help. In addition, they believe billions of dollars have been siphoned off from the war effort with little to no accounting as to where that money has gone.

For me, that’s a story for another day and they should be getting the military supplies they need.

Sadly, many, many people in America think the world begins and ends at the U.S. coastline, and some of them reside in the Congress and, recently, the White House.

As Europe has become more liberal (by American standards), Republicans appear to be more easily able to turn their back on the special relationship. American TV and internet media audiences see a flood of migrants across Europe, and the problems caused by that, and wonder what Europe is thinking by allowing that to happen…just as they say they see it happening on our own southern border.

If humanity ruled, there would be food in Gaza and weapons headed to Ukraine. Sadly, politics rules and it’s making both of those things very difficult to accomplish today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.