Russian invasion of Ukraine

Get to fuck.
Diplomats and politicians/leaders do have to shake hands and meet with the world's most despicable people. (but we are not discussing Trump here)

However, they don't have to hug them. That is above and beyond what would have been expected from both sides.
I see his actions as the equivalent to bending over, pulling down his pants and letting Putin bum him.
Would you be fine with doing the same with Hitler?

This disgrace should have consequences. Banning Indian call centre here would be a start.
Modi has hugged Sunak, Trump, Biden, Netanyahu, MBS and other Gulf leaders as well. It's just his style, you don't have to read more into that. The comparison with Hitler is way off. I'm not a fan of Modi or his right wing party, but this is not his decision, this is kind of a national sentiment (to generalize) towards Russia.

Modi has hugged Sunak, Trump, Biden, Netanyahu, MBS and other Gulf leaders as well. It's just his style, you don't have to read more into that. The comparison with Hitler is way off. I'm not a fan of Modi or his right wing party, but this is not his decision, this is kind of a national sentiment (to generalize) towards Russia.
I think their comparison was Putin to Hitler not Modi. The fact Modi has travelled to Russia, met Putin and embraced him is legitimising the Putin regime and their illegal invasion of a sovereign nation and deliberate slaughter of innocent civilians.

Russian oil is the cheapest out there. Our oil imports from Russia is now at 40%, it was under 10% just 3 years ago. That was driven by the market. The Indian public have no anti-Russian feelings despite this war, I haven't heard of any opposition minister protesting against buying Russian oil in the parliament, and therefore the democratically elected government has no reason to search for alternatives.

So what your saying is, there is a choice and India actively chose to support Russia instead of applying the sanctions the majority of the world are applying to stop the war, as it was the easy/cheaper option?

So what your saying is, there is a choice and India actively chose to support Russia instead of applying the sanctions the majority of the world are applying to stop the war, as it was the easy/cheaper option?
That seems to be exactly what he was saying

Russian oil is the cheapest out there. Our oil imports from Russia is now at 40%, it was under 10% just 3 years ago. That was driven by the market. The Indian public have no anti-Russian feelings despite this war, I haven't heard of any opposition minister protesting against buying Russian oil in the parliament, and therefore the democratically elected government has no reason to search for alternatives.
We have a democratically elected government, we chose not to deal with Russia and sort an alternative.
I suggest you and your country should should do the same.

Peskov: NATO nears Russia's borders, could provoke responseKremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov warned on Thursday that the "constant" and "progressive" presence of NATO's military infrastructure approaching the Russian borders is a fact that Moscow is watching closely and that "will require thoughtful, coordinated, effective response measures to counter" the alliance actions.
Commenting on the result of the summit in Washington, Peskov reaffirmed that the West nations are not "supporters of peace" but rather an "instrument of confrontation"
As the creation of logistics hubs in Black Sea cities, and the opening of additional points in Europe increases "serious threat" to his country.After members of the alliance restated their support to Ukraine with extra funding and more F-16 jets, China joined Russia in complaining about NATO's rhetoric

Peskov: NATO nears Russia's borders, could provoke responseKremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov warned on Thursday that the "constant" and "progressive" presence of NATO's military infrastructure approaching the Russian borders is a fact that Moscow is watching closely and that "will require thoughtful, coordinated, effective response measures to counter" the alliance actions.
Commenting on the result of the summit in Washington, Peskov reaffirmed that the West nations are not "supporters of peace" but rather an "instrument of confrontation"
As the creation of logistics hubs in Black Sea cities, and the opening of additional points in Europe increases "serious threat" to his country.After members of the alliance restated their support to Ukraine with extra funding and more F-16 jets, China joined Russia in complaining about NATO's rhetoric
Ok. Withdraw all your troops from all regions and Ukraine will agree not to join NATO. However, should you put one uninvited step again into Ukraine, immediate NATO membership will be granted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.