Russian invasion of Ukraine

They are shitting themselves.
They have no idea what to do,or how to stop Ukrainian Forces.
The very same people,who in February 2022,applauded,sang and danced as the Russian army rolled through Kursk Region.
The very same people who demanded the Ukrainian population be destroyed,now shout "Slava Ukraini"
Once the defence line in Belgorod is broken....Russia is fucked.
NATO,my arse....NATO weapons,the majority,yes.

Slava Ukraini.

I suppose they are going to have to put out this sort of propaganda to try and save face - releasing prisoners - forced conscription and out dated equipment does not a modern army make - quelle surprise !! Also WW2 tactics won't wash on a modern day citizen

Pardon my ignorance but if they were to encircle Belograd would they look to actually take it or just have it cut off completely (hold it hostage) like a mini siege of Leningrad?

Now hostage might have a negative connotation but I certain don’t mean it in a negative way. Hope the Russians feel a ton of pain after the abject cruelty foisted upon Ukraine by these twats!!

Pardon my ignorance but if they were to encircle Belograd would they look to actually take it or just have it cut off completely (hold it hostage) like a mini siege of Leningrad?

Now hostage might have a negative connotation but I certain don’t mean it in a negative way. Hope the Russians feel a ton of pain after the abject cruelty foisted upon Ukraine by these twats!!

I dont think we'll have the answer until it happens.

If Belgorod is indeed a main training / staging area for weapon's it maybe worth the price to go in and get those weapons to use against Russia.

I dont think we'll have the answer until it happens.

If Belgorod is indeed a main training / staging area for weapon's it maybe worth the price to go in and get those weapons to use against Russia.
Hard to image what that would look like since it’s a city with a population of over 300,000…. But good luck to the Ukrainians.

How many troops are involved here, appear to be making ridiculous gains for 1000 or so? Surely it's significantly more.

Hard to image what that would look like since it’s a city with a population of over 300,000…. But good luck to the Ukrainians.
Just going to the South and cutting the transport links from it woukd be good enough, whilst trapping the forces at the Karkiv border - or just go north of it and cut it of? Who knows.
A long way to go yet.
The Russians may stabalize their positions yet.

Depends if they evacuate the city and how many of those in the general population would actually want to fight. Also where the arms are being kept, You would hope not in a central populated location.

Also how many flip sides. no idea on numbers but there are plenty of reports of locals fighting along side Ukraine in Kursk.

I dont think ukraine can spare the troops to siege Belgorod, or Kurks for that matter.

Ukraine seems to rather thrive here on low intensity and drone heavy warfare, whereas the russians kinda suck if they havnt got enough of a troop concentration and solid line with fortifications to work from. Ukraine seems to have the detection advantage, so its hard for Russia to bring in troops nearby in safety or they need to dig in much further from where they last spotted those Ukranian forces. This might open a large area for Ukraine to create chaos in, draw away troops from other theatre's and lure them into situations where they can deal with them more easily. Large city's will kind of stand out as fortifications impeding further expansion to a direction, you cant just leave those places behind in your rear to be sieged. I think Ukraine just needs to create as much chaos as it can over as broad an area where they can do this low intensity warfare stuff in and do it in a fashion where they can retreat if needed. Advanced areas of control might be used to launch long range weaponry from though at various strategic targets like airbases for example.

I don't see any other reason they would do what they are doing.
As some on here have said,"it's a big gamble going into Russia"
I agree with that,but a gamble worth taking...which seems to be paying dividends.
D Day was a gamble. Lord Nelson was an inveterate gambler.

In warfare, there are times when you have to take a gamble. A considered, calculated one, but a gamble nonetheless.

The way this has been executed and the impact it has had (so far) along with the numbers that have been committed suggests this was fully calculated and carefully considered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.