Russian invasion of Ukraine

Becoming bored of this cnut putin could they not just bump the bastard off,the warning about Ukraine using NATO missiles just stinks of him knowing they have fucked up invading Ukraine and it’s probably a last hurrah hoping he gets Korea and China to jump into bed and pull the trigger..

The west needs to understand if Putin does actually succeed in Ukraine,This will give him a ready made army and western technology,plus a increase in population.

I don't think Trump's brain is capable of holding on to a concept is it? ;-)

Interesting about Russian losses. But it is staggering is it not that their economy continues to be OK. And they can just print money anyway in the short, medium and relatively speaking, long term. The status quo of conflct at its current levels, can continue for years. Ukraine will run out of soldiers before Russia does, so if we just carry on as we are, Russia wins.

Of course we could decide to not carry on as we are, and arm Ukraine with ever more powerful weapons. That results in escalation I think, and who knows where that goes. We can only pray that Putin would realise he would lose China's support if he nukes Ukraine, but he is a madman facing his own demise in this scenario, so it would be extremely risky to test this out.
All wars are wars of attrition on a number of factors. Alongside military personnel and equipment you also need the political will and power base for those at the top to keep going. All these things can be worn down over time.

The nazis ran out of men and equipment to cover the Eastern front but never the political will as Hitler had the politicalpower structurelocked down. In Vietnam the US had more than enough men and equipment but they lost the political will, democracy stepped in.

There were multiple serious assignation attempts on Hitler, he was lucky to survive as long as he did. Putin has similar total control but there's no doubt there's Russians actively looking to take him out. At the same time he has some of the same pressure as the US in Vietnam. He's used convicts and mercenaries to date but at some point he will have to start conscription of the middle classes. Something somewhere will reach a tipping point.

All wars are wars of attrition on a number of factors. Alongside military personnel and equipment you also need the political will and power base for those at the top to keep going. All these things can be worn down over time.

The nazis ran out of men and equipment to cover the Eastern front but never the political will as Hitler had the politicalpower structurelocked down. In Vietnam the US had more than enough men and equipment but they lost the political will, democracy stepped in.

There were multiple serious assignation attempts on Hitler, he was lucky to survive as long as he did. Putin has similar total control but there's no doubt there's Russians actively looking to take him out. At the same time he has some of the same pressure as the US in Vietnam. He's used convicts and mercenaries to date but at some point he will have to start conscription of the middle classes. Something somewhere will reach a tipping point.
I'm sure what you say may be true, but over what period? I think this will take years.

I'm sure what you say may be true, but over what period? I think this will take years.
It's impossible to say how long.

The war will end slowly at first, then suddenly all at once, to misquote Hemingway.

It's very hard to say when accelerating typing point will be reached, and on which side, but like WWI, it could be a quite sudden collapse rather than a slow decline.

Russian losses are for sure not sustainable. Could be years, could be days before the edifice comes down. Or ukraine could falter first, particularly if western support declines in a Trump presidency.

Predicting this is a mugs game.

The Russians are clearly bricking it at the prospect of longer range weapons given the bullshit blackmail they're trying to pull today.

‘Nato will be a direct party to hostilities against a nuclear power,’ Russia tells UN​

Not the posture of a country confident of victory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.