Russian invasion of Ukraine

Galloway is Putin's lackey and he is not on his own.

What they all want, whether presenting as 'left-wing' or 'right-wing' is a weakened, divided western Europe, which quarrels amongst itself and is no threat to Russia. Some of them dress this up as 'philosophy' but in geopolitical terms, it means submitting to Putin's/Russia's agenda.

I have a word for such people, and it is not a pretty one.

What they all want, whether presenting as 'left-wing' or 'right-wing' is a weakened, divided western Europe, which quarrels amongst itself and is no threat to Russia. Some of them dress this up as 'philosophy' but in geopolitical terms, it means submitting to Putin's/Russia's agenda.

String the cunts up.

genuine qu for those with more knowledge in military/war stuff; if a govt actively arm civilians and encourages civilian resistance to an invading force, do they become viable military targets? as in, within law? It's horrible, but i am worried about what Ukraine might be heading for, considering the vexed Russian leadership.

The Russians have now apparently blamed the words of Liz Truss for issuing the heightened state of nuclear readiness.
I am not in any way trying to politicise but If this is indeed true then surely there’s an opportunity to de-escalate?

It is supposedly both, the 'illegal sanctions' and the 'aggressive statements' by Liz Truss, that poor Putin has no choice but to respond to by raising nuclear alert levels. That was what he himself said.

Before one of the ministers said he wont name names but then said it was her.

Her comment was simply that if he doesnt stop with Ukraine there would be a threat to other bordering countries which are part of NATO and NATO would then be involved.

On the other hand, the scientific studies that took place at around the time of the Threads broadcast and similar indicated that it would take less than 1% of the global stockpile to generate a devastating nuclear winter. If the Russians have only 10% of the arsenal they possessed in the 80s it still wouldn't take a huge proportion to end life as we know it in the northern hemisphere.

Which is possibly the safest guarantee, because even a widescale nuclear exchange limited to Europe would also have a devastating effect on China. They might well have had a word on that front.
You've also got to factor in the economics of it all. China won't be doing world trade with half the planet missing. As I've previously said money talks, lots and lots of people stand to lose lots and lots of money.

He’s trotting out the line that the Ukrainians are neo Nazis, including their President… who just so happens to be the descendant of Holocaust victims.

He’s got no shame that Rag ****.

The Russian government will try to blame anyone and everyone for this mess but it's nobody elses but their own. They invaded a sovereign state with the intention of eradicating it, something that hasn't happened in Europe since world war 2, then as a war tactic raised their nuclear readiness without provocation.

I can't stand Liz Truss, I can't stand Boris Johnson and I can't stand this Tory government but Ukraine being invaded and Russia raising it's nuclear readiness isn't on them.
There were peole on here wanking over Liz Truss getting insults off the bully Labrov. I’m not sure what these Bluemooners expected her to do? Russia have been planning this invasion for years

So we aren’t able to question our response to this?
View attachment 37485
Interesting that while talking to a mate down the pub about this last night and expressing my disgust at that news, he told me that if I had looked a little deeper into the story then it was apparent that the fruit picking was just a way of telling Ukranians how to get into the UK, IE if they put that down when applying they would get straight in no questions asked. I dont know if that is true or not, but I do know my mate is certainly no fan of Johnson or the Torries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.