Russian invasion of Ukraine

I am shamed of being an Indian. It's so shitty that our government refused to condemn Russia and did not vote against them in the UN Council.
You shouldn’t be shamed of being Indian. Whenever our government fucks up it doesn’t make me ashamed to be English. It’s a very select few of cunts being cunts.

The Indian people are greater than your government, just as the Russian people are greater than theirs.

The fact that Putin has even sent people to try and negotiate probably indicates that after 4 days things are not going at all well. If they were he wouldn't bother turning up.

The fact that he hasn’t gone for this approach makes me think there’s some level of sanity still there and that’s a good sign.

The nuclear alert stuff is posturing, the coward won’t even let his advisers sit near him because he’s scared of Covid still, he’s not going to be then willing to die in a nuclear attack if he’s scared of getting Covid.

Is this why? Genuinely? Presumed it was just a power thing, to make him look untouchable/aloof.

Interesting that while talking to a mate down the pub about this last night and expressing my disgust at that news, he told me that if I had looked a little deeper into the story then it was apparent that the fruit picking was just a way of telling Ukranians how to get into the UK, IE if they put that down when applying they would get straight in no questions asked. I dont know if that is true or not, but I do know my mate is certainly no fan of Johnson or the Torries.
That's the way I read it as well. Sometimes people are so anti tory they don't look at anything they say they just attack it.
For one thing it's winter, there isn't any fruit or crops but if it gets you into the country.....
That said, I think they should be doing far more to get people here.

That’s the only thing giving me any peace at present.
Putin has just said they had a plan for the sanctions anyway and Russia will deal with them economically, which sounds reassuring.

A guy from the UN in Geneva has just said there’s no evidence of a physical increase in deployed warheads or any real physical movement, it’s just words at the moment and he’s not too concerned.

Ben Wallace said it’s only a distraction and pure rhetoric, the UN guy was asked to comment and said it’s discomforting they were mentioned at all and he’s taking it more seriously than Wallace but he doesn’t believe Russia will fire one.

Source: BBC News just now.

• The United Kingdom, merely described as an "extraterritorial floating base of the U.S.", should be cut off from Europe.[9]
  • Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationisttendencies in American politics".[9]
  • Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.[9]
Christ I clicked the link and read all the main parts covered. It very much seems like the playbook Putin has used for the last 20 or so years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.