Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'm pretty sure that OPEC will be guided by their shameless obsession with extracting as much profit as possible from any global crisis.
You mean they will sell oil that we thought was ours when we 'ruled' their countries ?
Until they nationalised the oil industry the west was basically stealing it from them. You cannot blame OPEC for looking after themselves.

The fricasee prep is done. My only worry here is I had to buy dry tarragon. Not good.

Seriously folks, turn the news off. Do something. Put some music on and keep the spirits high. It is just so fucking depressing.
Could you perhaps pop in some fennel (dried or seed), both anisey? I have no specific advice on the nukes but a few of us FOC's remember the 80's and the worst it got was Duran Duran so chin up.

Hiroshima
5b5b50eb8905f21b008b479b

Nagasaki
1200px-Nagasaki_City_View_from_Glover_Garden%2C_Nagasaki_2014.jpg

The point IS not to suggest these bombs aren't still devastating or destructive, OR that we can simply "brush off" their usage. I hope they're never used as the cost will be unbearable. But the narrative that it'll be "armaggeddon" is a little misplaced. This isn't the 80's, things have changed, most nukes are low yield now with reduced capability to create fallout.

Plus there are fewer of them, we have better detection and capacity to destroy them once launched, with multiple sites across Europe. Russia now has too many targets, with too few nukes that would survive being shot down by even more sites capable of doing so and having been detected much earlier.

Yes, the ones that would get through would be catastrophic; but the world survived Nakasaki and Hiroshima and they rebuilt. In the 80's it didn't look like we would survive M.A.D., today it's a different story. The whole point is NOT to spread fear. We already know they should never be used, scaring people as to their destructive power, when we already know it, helps nobody. I've seen the Tsar Bomba used as an example of the Russian Nuclear Capability many, many times. The fact is they don't have anything close to that anymore.

You need to have a word with the panel who were on CNN as there exact words were Armagged
To me this is more to do with showing that the idea that Russia would't use them in Ukraine as it scorches the earth for hundreds of years is a myth.

Obviously no one ever wants them used, Ever, but 1 or 2 ( Unless its Tzar Bomba levels obviously ) wont stop Russia moving into Ukraine after, they are absolutely within the Realms of possibility if Russia feel cornered in Ukraine..

A lot of people live with the idea that Nukes will never be used by Russia as in there minds 1 nuke is the end of the world, It isn't. 100 of them then yeah your getting there!, 10k of them absolutely.
Good article here.

One little paragraph.

"Researchers have estimated that a 'regional nuclear war,' say, a couple hundred low-yield weapons exchanged between India and Pakistan, could lead to the deaths of billions people worldwide, due to the effects on global food production," Wilson explained. "So, yeah, it would not be good."

I love that guy.
He’s probably seen the images of his fellow Ukrainians getting blow to pieces this morning, no wonder he was so emotionally charged.

Probably wanted to drag that bald Russian **** out and beat him to death.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.