Russian invasion of Ukraine

The sheer courage of the Ukrainian leadership and people is awe inspiring and humbling.

I have zero idea where this will go next in the short term, but long term their nation will be built on this narrative.

'I need ammunition not a ride'

Brings a tear to my eye just writing it.

If the Russian military campaign prevails, if Zelenskiy is murdered like so many other of Putin's opponents, his legend will echo down generations to come.

Hopefully somehow a face saving deal to allow Putin to exit can be cooked up, but I can't imagine what it could be. The alternatives are potentially nightmarish.

My lad in the Czech Republic (area called Jihlava) said many of his friends there are unable to access their bank accounts now as they are with a Russian bank. I said that's still better than being a Ukranian at this time. Said Czechs have also received instructions on what to do in a nuclear attack.
I can hardly concentrate at work now, everything seems so petty and ridiculous, and I've had a stress headache since Putin said the word "nuclear" yesterday.
I've told my son I want him to come home if shit gets real, but I know he won't because his daughter is also in Czech.
The UN, US and UK have all said today that Putin used nuclear as a negotiation tactic, there’s been no physical movement of any of their warheads at all.

Ben Wallace said it’s purely posturing and a foreign guy who is senior in the UN said it’s a concern he said it but doesn’t expect Russia to do it.

I wouldn’t worry too much at this moment in time. Putin is too self obsessed and arrogant to kill himself.

The UN, US and UK have all said today that Putin used nuclear as a negotiation tactic, there’s been no physical movement of any of their warheads at all.

Ben Wallace said it’s purely posturing and a foreign guy who is senior in the UN said it’s a concern he said it but doesn’t expect Russia to do it.

I wouldn’t worry too much at this moment in time. Putin is too self obsessed and arrogant to kill himself.

From what I've read there have been plenty of close calls over the years, faulty systems, Norwegian weather rockets etc and it only takes one of those to happen during these heightened tensions to start armageddon.

Thanks ;-) Catching up on the situation at the end of the working day is a headache in itself, so thanks for the summary.
Apparently they still have quite a few bunkers in Jihlava (left over from their communist days, ironically) so not all lost ;-)

From what I've read there have been plenty of close calls over the years, faulty systems, Norwegian weather rockets etc and it only takes one of those to happen during these heightened tensions to start armageddon.
That’s true but the processes are far more developed now and our (NATO’s) and the Russians eyes are far more accurate when watching what the others are doing.

LSE politics professor and former Adviser to NATO just repeated that the West thinks if Ukraine can make it to day 10 then Putins entire invasion will cave over the logistics.

It takes months to line up the fuel and supplies for an invasion and this one was planned to be a few days long.

They won’t be able to resupply before running out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.