Russian invasion of Ukraine

Thanks ;-) Catching up on the situation at the end of the working day is a headache in itself, so thanks for the summary.
Apparently they still have quite a few bunkers in Jihlava (left over from their communist days, ironically) so not all lost ;-)
The Czechs will be a lot safer than the Brits even if anything did really kick off. Which it very likely won’t.

Haha, we've all woke up with "the dread"
If I get really pissed I always write a long note to myself as I go to bed detailing what the situation was when I went upstairs and put it in the same place. When I get up in the morning I can read it and reassure myself that I didn't take an axe to next doors cat (or whatever).

Probably more for the politics forum, but the home office response has been really disappointing. Thought Patel was awful today.
That’s not really news she’s fucking awful everyday. It would be wrong for her to suddenly become competent just because some egotistical tossed starts to chuck the n word round.

My lad in the Czech Republic (area called Jihlava) said many of his friends there are unable to access their bank accounts now as they are with a Russian bank. I said that's still better than being a Ukranian at this time. Said Czechs have also received instructions on what to do in a nuclear attack.
I can hardly concentrate at work now, everything seems so petty and ridiculous, and I've had a stress headache since Putin said the word "nuclear" yesterday.
I've told my son I want him to come home if shit gets real, but I know he won't because his daughter is also in Czech.

In all honesty your lad is as safe from a nuclear attack in the Czech Republic as you are in the UK, in fact I'd say the UK is a bigger target.

I understand your worries though as I'm also away from my family and its not nice in these times so best wishes to you.

Minister of defence for Ukraine offering amnesty and a cash reward to Russian soldiers for giving themselves up and not following orders.

That’s not really news she’s fucking awful everyday. It would be wrong for her to suddenly become competent just because some egotistical tossed starts to chuck the n word round.

It takes a lot to still be that way when literally the whole world is beating a different drum though.

Marco Rubio on Twitter I cant embed tweets so copied: Growing signs #Putin has ordered a medieval siege of #Kyiv Cut a city of millions off from food, fuel, power, communications & supplies & then bomb & starve the govt into submission We need to start thinking about what we can & are willing to do to prevent such a barbaric crime

If you are ever in a position to have to worry about being able to run three miles in four minutes I can help to allay your fears; you can't. :-)
If you are ever in a position to have to worry about being able to run three miles in four minutes I can help to allay your fears; you can't. :-)
If I get really pissed I always write a long note to myself as I go to bed detailing what the situation was when I went upstairs and put it in the same place. When I get up in the morning I can read it and reassure myself that I didn't take an axe to next doors cat (or whatever).
You can write when ur pissed??!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.