Russian invasion of Ukraine

Marco Rubio on Twitter I cant embed tweets so copied: Growing signs #Putin has ordered a medieval siege of #Kyiv Cut a city of millions off from food, fuel, power, communications & supplies & then bomb & starve the govt into submission We need to start thinking about what we can & are willing to do to prevent such a barbaric crime

A lot of talk that Putin had priced in sanctions before the invasion but I don't think he banked on the sanctions being as ferocious as they are. Shell have just announced they are selling their stakes in Russian ventures, I don't Vlad anticipated that at all.

Problem is, the harder we hit, the more he starts lashing out which is why I just can't see a positive endgame without the Russians themselves over throwing him.
I honestly can't see them overthrowing him. It's been over a hundred years since they did the same with the last Tsar, and God knows they've been through some horrific regimes since that.
Yet...the power of interconnection with the rest of the world is the difference now, and we are living through something unprecedented.

Minister of defence for Ukraine offering amnesty and a cash reward to Russian soldiers for giving themselves up and not following orders.

5 million rubles per soldier? I know the ruble is in the dumps but that seems a lot..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.