Russian invasion of Ukraine

The far left (and far right) in the West are played like a fiddle by Russia.

Have you ever heard of Olginos? Also known as “Russian Troll Factories”? They are misinformation organisations that spread pro-Russia/anti-West shite across Russia and into the West. They also start conspiracy theories or spread misinformation around emotive topics, or stoke fires around incidents and create furores that antagonise groups of people into getting wound-up and even into taking action.

This was one of the very first things Putin started doing when he took power in 2000. He took over Russian state TV and made it a pro-Putin/anti-West propaganda station. Then he spread it into different countries. It’s why we should never have allowed RT to broadcast in this country.

Then with the rise of the internet and social media, these Olginos or Troll Factories were created and would flood Russian social media platforms with this same pro-Putin/anti-West rhetoric all over comments sections and chat rooms. They then employed English speaking employees who spread the same shite across our online platforms in the West: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, forums (just like ours!) would have these Russian bots posting their pro-Putin/anti-West bollocks day-after-day, hour-after-hour.

The far left in the West hate Western society and our governments (Christ, they even hate the slightly less left wing left wing!). These bots have spread misinformation about NATO-expansionism, NATO-imperialism, NATO’s threat to Russia, NATO antagonising Russia… the far left here fucking love that shit, and it just becomes part of the topics of every day conversations online.

Look at Jeremy Corbyn and his merry band with their protest against NATO countries sending weapons to Ukraine and the West’s antagonising of Russia. On their website, there are 7 words to start a paragraph off about condemning Russia’s invasion and the rest of the paragraph is moaning about the West/NATO!

People on the extremes of politics and social issues are easily exposed to and often trapped in algorithms and online echo chambers. Even those who get a broader scope often just ignore what they don’t like and won’t take it on board. These people are easily swayed and manipulated with continual exposure and repeated tropes.

These Troll Factories spread across every political and social issue you could possibly imagine. They’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week hammering us with fake news, and influential and manipulative language.

It’ll be the same with the founders and most extreme supporters of things like Black Lives Matter. While the well-meaning supporters who follow them because they simply think that black lives matter; the core of that movement describe themselves as Marxist and anti-capitalist and there’s a lot of anti-West and anti-white sentiment in their extreme end too. Their online algorithms will be feeding them all kinds of bollocks in their online echo chambers with misinformation sloshing around spread by the Troll Factories.

It’s the same over on the far right n’all. They love a conspiracy theory and the Troll Factories start, spread, and spam them all over social media.

QAnon, white genocide, Covid conspiracies, anti-vaccers, global warming hoax, chemtrails, Holocaust denial etc. will all be Troll Factory rooted. Those paranoid far right nutters hate “MSM” and access their news from all sorts of utterly crazy places. Where they are trapped in their end of algorithms and echo chambers is frightening!

There’s obviously a lot of racism over on the far right as well. Trump/MAGA, and Brexit/immigration topics will have been rife for Troll Factory involvement.

The Leave campaign was full of this misinformation spread by Russia. As was a hell of a lot of the going on in the MAGA and Trump years, with interference in the election drives of Clinton and Biden.

There are negativity spammers from the Factories as well, spreading doom+gloom and forever repeating how shit things are around different topics.

There’s so much anti-West and conspiracy shit talked about by the extreme ends that these topics, and what were once extreme minorities, are forever nudging ever closer into normal ways of thinking and moderate politics with a worryingly ever growing support.

The FBI put undercover employees in the Troll Factories last decade, and there have also been ex-employees who’ve come forward to the West to admit what went on there. For example, here in these articles:

They’re really good reads!

I’ve been banging on about this sort of thing for years. I feel like people don’t really take much notice of me and dismiss what I say on it, but maybe now they will start to take it on board a bit more with what’s currently unfolding.

I’ve spoken before in this thread about Putin’s aims. And they are two-fold:
1. Disrupt, create divisions, and weaken in the West
2. Expand Russia

He’s been doing #1 for over two decades, and doing it very well! He’s been doing #2 in Georgia since 2008 and Ukraine since 2014. But he’s really ramped up #2 these past few weeks. Although, it’s not going anywhere near as well as he did with #1, and this might be the very thing that smashes his gains made with #1 as it unites the West where it has been continually divided for too long!

Fantastic post mate.

Think Russia are just going to grind Ukraine down by sheer numbers over the next week.

They still have 40% of the forces on the other side of the border and these are apparently the more experienced soldiers. Which is even more fucked that they have basically sent the new soldiers in to die and to wear down the Ukranians.

I think the point he is making is that R-M had inside knowledge and was able to take advantage of that and dumped his shares. I thought this was ‘insider trading’ and is illegal?
Withdrawing your own money out of your own bank account, is not trading, so no of course it's not illegal. In this case, it is better described as "sensible"

Welcome to your evening bulletin from Mordor, where the President's race to make us more isolated than North Korea gathers pace. Apologies for any repetition of stuff already in the thread. Have been busy and it moves so quickly I just can't read it all.

Some pretty horrifying footage of the bombardment of Kharkov. This is one of the best disposed cities to Russia outside Donbass, not far from the border and with plenty of those Russian=speakers they're supposed to be desperate to protect. Shows that latter claim up for the transparent lie it is.

Looks like they could be planning something even worse for Kiev. I dread to think what news we may wake up to on that score.

Meanwhile, the US Embassy has suggested that American nationals consider leaving now, while there are still a few commercial flights out. Makes you think, even when you're not an American.

I've predictably had to cancel a trip home to visit my mother, who's 88 and with failing eyesight as well as a plethora other medical conditions. She was widowed last summer, has two kids who both live abroad, and is struggling a bit on her own for the first time in 50-odd years.

That's pretty upsetting, as I also cancelled my last planned trip at Christmas owing to travel restrictions imposed following the UK Covid outbreak. But save your thoughts and prayers for the natives of Kharkov and Kiev. They need them far, far more.

PS - Five million roubles would have been 50 grand in sterling last week. By the end of this week, it'll probably just about buy them a new telly.
Let me guess it’s those twats at sharp still shipping TVs into Russia, still I suppose after partnering with the rags doing so with Putin isn’t such a big step.

Think Russia are just going to grind Ukraine down by sheer numbers over the next week.

They still have 40% of the forces on the other side of the border and these are apparently the more experienced soldiers. Which is even more fucked that they have basically sent the new soldiers in to die and to wear down the Ukranians.
Do we know if the first wave is a conscript army or what the conscript % of the Russian forces are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.