Russian invasion of Ukraine

Don't think the Russians had or have any plans to negotiate any terms that don't involve them getting 100% of their own way. It's a tough place to be in for any government. How do you reason with a guy who's cheese has obviously slid off his cracker ? You can't and you have to tread carefully because of it.

Providing safe passage and shelter for anyone wanting to get out of Ukraine should be top priority. I think there is huge anger we aren't more organised on this front, that's where I see the biggest failings. Talk is fucking cheap as far as I can see on this

I said this earlier today, how can you negotiate with someone who who won't accept anything less than getting their own way.
I am concerned that while we have to put as much pressure on the Russians as possible,we also need to leave them a way out where they can save face.
Humiliating them as a country may mean they feel they have no option other than playing the final card.

This is UK Forces News......

They're saying what everyone else seems to be saying, that Putin expected Ukraine to surrender in shock and awe within 24 hours or so of the invasion, when that didn't happen the Russians ran in to operational and supply problems.

But and it's a big but, they don't hold out hope for a Ukrainian victory.

Putin can have his victory, but only at a much higher price than he anticipated, will he pay that price? Time for diplomacy and an honest broker and fast.

You called...

1646075475853.png

If you can track trajectory, surely you can track exactly where it will land?

Well yes it was definitely a stupid post :) but I would imagine the alarms go off when the US/Russia etc launch a missile in the general direction of each other and they probably wouldn't wait to work out its trajectory is the point I was poorly making.

Welcome to your evening bulletin from Mordor, where the President's race to make us more isolated than North Korea gathers pace. Apologies for any repetition of stuff already in the thread. Have been busy and it moves so quickly I just can't read it all.

Some pretty horrifying footage of the bombardment of Kharkov. This is one of the best disposed cities to Russia outside Donbass, not far from the border and with plenty of those Russian=speakers they're supposed to be desperate to protect. Shows that latter claim up for the transparent lie it is.

Looks like they could be planning something even worse for Kiev. I dread to think what news we may wake up to on that score.

Meanwhile, the US Embassy has suggested that American nationals consider leaving now, while there are still a few commercial flights out. Makes you think, even when you're not an American.

I've predictably had to cancel a trip home to visit my mother, who's 88 and with failing eyesight as well as a plethora other medical conditions. She was widowed last summer, has two kids who both live abroad, and is struggling a bit on her own for the first time in 50-odd years.

That's pretty upsetting, as I also cancelled my last planned trip at Christmas owing to travel restrictions imposed following the UK Covid outbreak. But save your thoughts and prayers for the natives of Kharkov and Kiev. They need them far, far more.

PS - Five million roubles would have been 50 grand in sterling last week. By the end of this week, it'll probably just about buy them a new telly.
Thank you for your updates. I can't really think of anything else to say, other than keep posting. Please.
Don't put yourself in danger though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.