Russian invasion of Ukraine

Welcome to your evening bulletin from Mordor, where the President's race to make us more isolated than North Korea gathers pace. Apologies for any repetition of stuff already in the thread. Have been busy and it moves so quickly I just can't read it all.

Some pretty horrifying footage of the bombardment of Kharkov. This is one of the best disposed cities to Russia outside Donbass, not far from the border and with plenty of those Russian=speakers they're supposed to be desperate to protect. Shows that latter claim up for the transparent lie it is.

Looks like they could be planning something even worse for Kiev. I dread to think what news we may wake up to on that score.

Meanwhile, the US Embassy has suggested that American nationals consider leaving now, while there are still a few commercial flights out. Makes you think, even when you're not an American.

I've predictably had to cancel a trip home to visit my mother, who's 88 and with failing eyesight as well as a plethora other medical conditions. She was widowed last summer, has two kids who both live abroad, and is struggling a bit on her own for the first time in 50-odd years.

That's pretty upsetting, as I also cancelled my last planned trip at Christmas owing to travel restrictions imposed following the UK Covid outbreak. But save your thoughts and prayers for the natives of Kharkov and Kiev. They need them far, far more.

PS - Five million roubles would have been 50 grand in sterling last week. By the end of this week, it'll probably just about buy them a new telly.
What's the general population's view towards the situation? Seen a few clips of protests but obviously they're getting shut down. Would be interested to hear the general consensus in your area

Hope you get to see your mum soon mate

Disappointing, but not surprising. As a country we loathe the idea of people coming here. We’ve even put up barriers to stop school trips from Europe.
I call bollocks, the UK is built on the backs of immigrants, they bring wealth and prosperity as well as a miriad of other opportunities. We're all immigrants, unless of course you're Welsh ;)..... Some might not like the idea but it's there for all to see and embrace.

Intelligence is a huge plus for an army, and I would bet Ukraine are receiving far far better intel than Russia.

Video intelligence says 17 miles of heavy Russian troops are just outside the capital it tells me unless we threaten Putin with joining the Ukraine fight against Putin. He’s just sat there indifferent to the suffering

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.