Russian invasion of Ukraine

Quite right..the point is that Russia does not want NATO on its doorstep..literally all I have said is look at both sides, have a neutral corridor. Have peace. WTF is wrong with this ?? I guess many on this site have lost people in wars..My family come from that neck of the woods.all I have ever said is listen to both sides, stop fighting, have peace.
Are the fairies ok out there?

I'm not interested in replying to @Berts Neck , but he gives a typical reasoning of an obviously poorly informed view.

The basic problem in his posts is his silent attempt
to handle justice and injustice in equal measure.

We must distinguish between aggressor and victim.
Just asking both sides to please stop war is a disgusting attempt to make NO whatsoever difference between aggressor and victim.

This idea was interestingly key to the US justification to fully support Great Britain against Nazi Germany in 1941 without becoming an active player in WWII (it was pre 7 Dec '41, Pearl Harbour).
(Exactly what NATO does today.)

The same reasoning was key to US chief prosecutor Robert H. Jackson at Nuremberg Trial 1945 about "crimes against humanity" and later became fundamental to international law.

Sorry to be a bit general but I thought it was important.
The failure to distinguish aggressor from victim was at the heart of the recent Amnesty International report condemning Ukraine for fighting in urban areas. Quite rightly there was a massive reaction against the report.

Quite right..the point is that Russia does not want NATO on its doorstep..literally all I have said is look at both sides, have a neutral corridor. Have peace. WTF is wrong with this ?? I guess many on this site have lost people in wars..My family come from that neck of the woods.all I have ever said is listen to both sides, stop fighting, have peace.
I carefully read your message, yes I agree with you that war is shit, it's death, it's horror. I experienced this myself in the next few moments, when I lived in the city of Irpin with my family. I experienced it for myself in a short time, two weeks of living under the gunning and bombing. Two weeks without light, heat, normal food. Next to me were my son and wife too. BUT! That I do not agree with you that this is a senseless big war, this has the meaning of war. After all, if my country falls, there will be other countries, perhaps you do not believe in it. But they will definitely be, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova, all these small countries will also be occupied by russia, if here and now my country does not stop this death machine called russia. And we will leave such tales that russia does not want NATO borders near its territory for propaganda to viewers of zombies for russia. They easily believe it. p.s. And yes, every war has a purpose, no war is meaningless

Last edited:
I carefully read your message, yes I agree with you that war is shit, it's death, it's horror. I experienced this myself in the next few moments, when I lived in the city of Irpin with my family. I experienced it for myself in a short time, two weeks of living under the gunning and bombing. Two weeks without light, heat, normal food. Next to me were my son and wife too. BUT! That I do not agree with you that this is a senseless big war, this has the meaning of war. After all, if my country falls, there will be other countries, perhaps you do not believe in it. But they will definitely be, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova, all these small countries will also be occupied by russia, if here and now my country does not stop this death machine called russia. And we will leave such tales that russia does not want NATO borders near its territory for propaganda to viewers of zombies for russia. They easily believe it. p.s. And yes, every war has a purpose, no war is meaningless
Well said mate. The world needed to stand up to Hitler, and it needs to stand up to Putin.

Glory to Ukraine.

You know Putin wanted to join NATO..George Baker promised after the Berlin wall fell NATO would not take a step further east..Yes, but that was the USSR not Russia so the expansion continued.My family is from Belarus. The highest death rate for a nation in WW2..Just understand.. I am not all pro Russia..if you read my posts you will see the communists sent my family to Siberia...you must understand the ingrained history and mentality..All I ask for is some peace.
Tell that to Putin and, if he listens, the invasion stops.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.