Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'd like to see some town twinning and the like.

Few years ago, we stayed a night in a French / Belgium border town called Haybes. Somewhat surprisingly, the local microbrewery had a beer called "Stockport Blonde".

Turns out the hotel we were in was the only building left standing after a German reprisal in WWI flattened the whole of the town. The people of Stockport helped pay for it to be rebuilt.

Interesting that Robinsons do a ' Dizzy Blonde '

There are some interesting differences in Putin's response to the Crimea bridge bombing and Russia's terror response compared to earlier similar events:

1. He didn't attempt to blame Ukraine for having bombed their own.
2. He says the missiles hit the (civilian) targets they were intended to hit.
3. He takes credit for the revenge attack.
4. He says he'll do it again.
5. He says that Russia's future response to Ukrainian attacks will be "proportionate to the the threat made against the Russian Federation" (and did not make his usual threats of using nukes).

I think this is also the first time he mentions Ukrainian special forces and gives them cred for having caused significant damage.

Speaking of Ukrainian special forces, here's a Finish analysis of how they may have destroyed the bridge:

I'd like to see some town twinning and the like.

Few years ago, we stayed a night in a French / Belgium border town called Haybes. Somewhat surprisingly, the local microbrewery had a beer called "Stockport Blonde".

Turns out the hotel we were in was the only building left standing after a German reprisal in WWI flattened the whole of the town. The people of Stockport helped pay for it to be rebuilt.

Always love hearing stuff like this, look into Drogheda United and Trabzonspor sometime.

Just seen aerial footage on Twitter, presumably authentic and presumably from today given the foliage on the trees. It shows a truly devastating bombardment on a military Russian convoy. Obliterated. Cannot believe that the Russians are still congregating in the wide open, though I suppose fear makes humans draw closer. Shan’t post it here but @Tendar if you’re interested.
Just watched that.
Beautiful
Majestic.
Fuck the lot of them.

There are some interesting differences in Putin's response to the Crimea bridge bombing and Russia's terror response compared to earlier similar events:

1. He didn't attempt to blame Ukraine for having bombed their own.
2. He says the missiles hit the (civilian) targets they were intended to hit.
3. He takes credit for the revenge attack.
4. He says he'll do it again.
5. He says that Russia's future response to Ukrainian attacks will be "proportionate to the the threat made against the Russian Federation" (and did not make his usual threats of using nukes).

I think this is also the first time he mentions Ukrainian special forces and gives them cred for having caused significant damage.

Speaking of Ukrainian special forces, here's a Finish analysis of how they may have destroyed the bridge:

It will be interesting to read another opinion, who did it all the same)) to be honest, I still don’t guess who could do it, whether our special services are really, or this is the work of the russian federal security service

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.