Ruthless summer clear out

Nothing ruthless about it, players on huge contracts and they should either pull in the same direction and earn their wages or they get shipped out, simples!

Balo's departure should show that if we want things to happen, they will.

Danamy said:
Nothing ruthless about it, players on huge contracts and they should either pull in the same direction and earn their wages or they get shipped out, simples!

Indeed<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 pm --<br /><br />
pee dubya said:
SuperYaya said:
I think selling Kolarov would be stupid. He's improved a fair bit and look at what happened yesterday when he got subbed on, the game changed. Selling a player like that will only weaken us.

Dzeko is top scorer too.

I believe Garcia is good enough and he'll show it, whether it be at CB or midfield. Think he's a tidy player, just needs a season to settle.
The problem i think now is that we're not looking at how good a player is, but how good value he is. I quite like Kolarov too, i don't think his ability reflects the wage he's apparently on.
He gave us withd which any winger/leftback could do and lets not forget his awful corners!

.............................Hart....................................

Zabaleta.............kompany......hummels................clichy

................................Fellaini...... .......................

............Suarez............silva...............bale................

........................aguero.............cavani.........................

FantasyIreland said:
.............................Hart....................................

Zabaleta.............kompany......hummels................clichy

................................Fellaini...... .......................

............Suarez............silva...............bale................

........................aguero.............cavani.........................

FantasyFootball more like. I assume this is a joke.

Fellaini holding a non tackling front 5.

Ideally we only really want to add a maximimum of three new players to starting eleven for continuity.

Hummels would be great. Cavani. And somebody to replace Barry who has the same attributes but with speed.

Danamy said:

No, it won't. Balotelli moved only because he accepted a huge wage cut to play for his boyhood team.

With wages most of City players who'd you expect to move are on, exactly same thing would have to happen and it doesn't happens often.The other thing is City to sell for peanuts like in Adebayor's case and that won't happen often too.

As long as City pays top dollar in wages, it's never going to be easy to sell players unless they're quality of Yaya, Silva, Aguero.

So, you can bet your house none of potential departures won't be easy job to do. Dzeko, Lescott, Tevez, Kolarov.. all overpaid and won't get close to that anywhere

Fellaini is not very good in that holding midfielder role, to be honest.

And you can have the best players in the world but you have to use them properly. If Mancini wants to continue with "fullbacks are my wingers" then we could see similar problems in CL next season. When I see current Round of 16 in CL every team there use wingers. Ok, I'm not sure with Gala and Celtic but every other team there have 2 or 3 wingers and play them very often. So if somebody here thinks Clichy is like Alba, Adriano or Alves and we don't need wingers... please, destroy my butthole.

MSP said:
Danamy said:

No, it won't. Balotelli moved only because he accepted a huge wage cut to play for his boyhood team.

With wages most of City players who'd you expect to move are on, exactly same thing would have to happen and it doesn't happens often.The other thing is City to sell for peanuts like in Adebayor's case and that won't happen often too.

As long as City pays top dollar in wages, it's never going to be easy to sell players unless they're quality of Yaya, Silva, Aguero.

So, you can bet your house none of potential departures won't be easy job to do. Dzeko, Lescott, Tevez, Kolarov.. all overpaid and won't get close to that anywhere

If you think that Balo took a huge pay cut and gave up the last two years of his contract just to join Milan you seriously need to put that crack pipe down.

The only reason he's at Milan is because we wanted it to happen, if we didn't he'd still be here seeing out his contract.

As for Adebayor his contract was paid up to get him off the books and we've also had to subsidise RSC and Bridge loan deals.

This summer we'll be in a better place to shuffle the pack, evolve and go again starting a new chapter.

So who'll sign Dzeko? He's on 140k and no Bundesliga or Seria A club will offer him more than 70-80.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.