Ruthless summer clear out

stan bowles said:
The squad certainly needs an overhaul in the summer and the deadwood need to be moved on. Therein lies the problem as we've seen before. Many of the players are on such big contracts it is difficult to find buyers for them unless they agree to take big pay cuts. Only those out of contract will be gone for certain. i can't see the sense in selling Lescott either given the injury record of Kompany and Richards.

As for incoming players no way will Ronaldo join us. The only PL team he'd play for would be the Rags. The are good players out there who wouldn't cost the earth as other teams have shown. We'll need to sell before we buy in the summer whatever the headlines say about us making marquee signings.

Tranny is probably using us for a new contract too.

If its true we are going 4 3 3 then next year we could look something like this

Hart
Zabba VK XXXXX Clichy

Yaya XXXX XXXXX

Kun XXXXXX Silva

Cavani is the obvious striker here. The biggest problem is reshaping the midfield. At the back Hummels is the ball playing defender.

So alongside Bridge and RSC I can see Edin and Sami leaving unless we use him in a more advanced position. Kolo replaced by Hummels.

Rodwell and Garcia are useful utility players as is Milner. Barry's experience too.

I'd replace Kolorov for a young left back.

The big question is who are the two midfielders we need to make us CL contenders.

Lol at people wanting Milner out. people not calling him world class is crazy imo ye he might not be world class in one position but his ability to play in many positions at a high level and still contribute a net positive is a keeper in my books. there was a reason why milner was played in the euro champs he did the defensive work on the right side making up for johnsons lack of defensive abilities and excelled at it he also al be it limited did provide some attacking impetus. if he leaves the club it would be a disaster imo cuz he will instantly make any other team that much better.

I think selling Kolarov would be stupid. He's improved a fair bit and look at what happened yesterday when he got subbed on, the game changed. Selling a player like that will only weaken us.

Dzeko is top scorer too.

I believe Garcia is good enough and he'll show it, whether it be at CB or midfield. Think he's a tidy player, just needs a season to settle.

SuperYaya said:
I think selling Kolarov would be stupid. He's improved a fair bit and look at what happened yesterday when he got subbed on, the game changed. Selling a player like that will only weaken us.

Dzeko is top scorer too.

I believe Garcia is good enough and he'll show it, whether it be at CB or midfield. Think he's a tidy player, just needs a season to settle.
The problem i think now is that we're not looking at how good a player is, but how good value he is. I quite like Kolarov too, i don't think his ability reflects the wage he's apparently on.

AntiUnited said:
Lol at people wanting Milner out. people not calling him world class is crazy imo ye he might not be world class in one position but his ability to play in many positions at a high level and still contribute a net positive is a keeper in my books. there was a reason why milner was played in the euro champs he did the defensive work on the right side making up for johnsons lack of defensive abilities and excelled at it he also al be it limited did provide some attacking impetus. if he leaves the club it would be a disaster imo cuz he will instantly make any other team that much better.

Milner is class and even if he does cock up he tries hard to put it right. One thing is for certain, he never lays on the ground pretending to be bloody injured while his team frantically tries to defend.

If I was arranging the queue for the departure lounge, Dzeko would be at the front, Milner would be at the back with Zabba.

----------------------------- Hart -------------------------------
------------ Kompany---------------------- Nasty----------------
Zaba --------------------------------------------------------- Clichy
--------------------------- Garcia --------------------------------
-------------- Yaya -------------------- Silva -------------------

-- deulofeu----------------- Cavani ------------------------ Aguero --

Subs
Pantillimon
Richards
NEW CB
Barry
Milner
Jovetic
Guidetti

I can see us looking something like this for the opening game of next season which i would be happy with. I dont think things need changing a drastically as the stories in the media are. Obviously if major players leave, like Aguero to Real then we do need others in. It gives us options although we would be quite wealk on our left side as Silva is not the best in defence but going forward it would be great!

Deulofeu i think could be a real star for us. Have seen his name around a few sites, fingers crossed we bring him in.

relatively new user of this site but reading all the forums about the summer.personally id keep dzeko as hes something different.nasri also as i think hel find his arsenal form.Players id get rid of is sinclair (mancini doesnt rate) tevez(back to his homeland) toure (contract run out) kolarov (not good enough full back) garcia (too slow for this league and also barry and rodwell for that position) id keep lescott and barry good reliable players. Players id briing in
falcoa-tevez
jovetic or cavani- balotelli but depends on ffp
lennon-sinclair
hummels-toure
quality holding mid-garcia

So ideal bluemoon player

Speed like Bolt
Heart like zabaleta
Finishing like van persie
Strength like kompany
Passing like iniesta
Slide tackling like de Jong.

Anyway I'd like this.

.............................Hart....................................

Zabaleta.............kompany......new Cb...................clichy

...........................Barry.........yaya .......................

...................................silva...............................

.................aguero.............cavani.................Bale............

Subs.

Panti
Nastasic
Garcia
Nasri
Dzeko
Milner
Richards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.