Ruthless summer clear out

It will all be down to which players attract bids of a reasonable level. Handful of players that are our core, rest of the squad will be binned if we can get them out.

I'd say those that are safe are....

Hart
Zab
Vince
Nasty
Clichy
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Aguero

Obviously we won't manage to unload all the rest of the squad, and we wouldn't want to, but they will go if a sufficient bid comes in - for example if we got a decent offer for either of Garcia or Milner then one would be out. Same for Dzeko or Tevez etc etc.

I expect us to try and bring in a few young decent English players and then 3 or 4 star names.

Rammy Blue said:
It will all be down to which players attract bids of a reasonable level. Handful of players that are our core, rest of the squad will be binned if we can get them out.

Hart
Zab
Vince
Nasty
Clichy
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Aguero

Obviously we won't manage to unload all the rest of the squad, and we wouldn't want to, but they will go if a sufficient bid comes in - for example if we got a decent offer for either of Garcia or Milner then one would be out. Same for Dzeko or Tevez etc etc.

I expect us to try and bring in a few young decent English players and then 3 or 4 star names.

how have you not included richards or milner in your safe list. Besides milner is meant to be signing a new contract. The only players that will leave will be the dead wood and players that were going to leave anyway- tevez.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Rammy Blue said:

Hart
Zab
Vince
Nasty
Clichy
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Aguero

how have you not included richards or milner in your safe list. Besides milner is meant to be signing a new contract. The only players that will leave will be the dead wood and players that were going to leave anyway- tevez.

If he signs a contract so be it. But he strikes me as the type that wants to play week in week out. We might not be able to guaranteed that. So rather than us getting rid I can still see him looking for a move, particularly if he ends up having another stretch on the bench.

moomba said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Rammy Blue said:

Hart
Zab
Vince
Nasty
Clichy
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Aguero

If he signs a contract so be it. But he strikes me as the type that wants to play week in week out. We might not be able to guaranteed that. So rather than us getting rid I can still see him looking for a move, particularly if he ends up having another stretch on the bench.

Yep, I like Jimmy but as I said if someone offers us 15mil for him then we'd rip their arm off. Micah is made of glass and can't be relied upon so again if we got offered good dough then I'm sure we'd let him go.

Stoned Rose said:
Cringeworthy thread, especially the OP.

We have the best defensive record in the league and look as solid as we ever have.

We are creating chances even against huge parked buses of 11 men on the 18 yard box for 90 minutes.

The only reason we aren't top of the league is a tendency to not take our chances and put games to bed.

No need at all for large scale or ruthless clear outs.

Imo we need to add:

A 25+ goals a season guaranteed striker such as Cavani, Falcoa or Suarez. (Look at the RVP Factor at Utd)

A creative 'silva type' midfielder, to do what we thought Nasri would do but doesn't.

A fast, direct winger (or wide player) such as Ben Arfa, Lennon, Bale or Oxlade.

There will be a clear out but in reality it is all deadwood. There is nothing 'ruthless' about that.
This. Although another addition I would like to see is a central midfielder so that we do not miss Yaya as much. So like Fernandinho/Paulinho maybe.

Rammy Blue said:
moomba said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Yep, I like Jimmy but as I said if someone offers us 15mil for him then we'd rip their arm off. Micah is made of glass and can't be relied upon so again if we got offered good dough then I'm sure we'd let him go.

we are not going to get rid of an academy player, who when fit is one of the best RBs in the league. that would be stupid. we are already struggling with a lack of homegrown players.

Milner is an intergral part of the team and more often than not does play week in and out ????

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Rammy Blue said:
moomba said:

we are not going to get rid of an academy player, who when fit is one of the best RBs in the league. that would be stupid. we are already struggling with a lack of homegrown players.

Milner is an intergral part of the team and more often than not does play week in and out ????

9 starts (plus 4 sub appearances) from 24 in the league. 2 starts (plus 1 sub appearance) from 6 in Europe.

moomba said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Rammy Blue said:

9 starts from 24. 2 starts in Europe.

yes, but this season milner has started more and more games and is becoming a very important player. You need grafters like milner in the team and squad.

i know hes not some fancy foreign name, but without players like him and barry we wouldnt be as good.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
moomba said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

9 starts from 24. 2 starts in Europe.

yes, but this season milner has started more and more games and is becoming a very important player. You need grafters like milner in the team and squad.

i know hes not some fancy foreign name, but without players like him and barry we wouldnt be as good.

As mentioned it might be him looking for a move somewhere he can play week in week out.

9 starts out of 24 in the league suggests he's not as integral as dome would think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.