S/T demand 2016/17 season

With regards to selling out home league games as a reason to expand. Sometimes, with any kind of business it's best to hold back slightly and deliberately limit supply in order to build up hype and demand. We can sell out the big league games twice over if we wanted yet nobody wants to turn up for the early cup games. As we get more and more foreign fans wanting to attend and they find it very hard to get hold of tickets for league games, you'll find them coming over for cup games instead as it's their only chance of seeing a game. Only once we continuously sell out every game and there's genuine demand should we expand further.

we usually always sell out/get close to selling out without loads of tourists though in the fa cup. its all about pricing, price it right and people will come

we usually always sell out/get close to selling out without loads of tourists though in the fa cup. its all about pricing, price it right and people will come

We have some of the cheapest tickets in the country and easily by far and away the best value for money in the country. Wasn't the semi final £20? Doesn't get much better than that. It's a business, we can't charge £10 for every single game. We simply don't have the demand. It's no shame in accepting it and In a few years there's every reason to believe we will have that demand

We have some of the cheapest tickets in the country and easily by far and away the best value for money in the country. Wasn't the semi final £20? Doesn't get much better than that. It's a business, we can't charge £10 for every single game. We simply don't have the demand. It's no shame in accepting it and In a few years there's every reason to believe we will have that demand

i agree with that, our fan base is still growing though, but any increase in prices we would really struggle to sell out for games like the other night. We just dont have that type of fan base. not every single game no, but cup games i see no reason why not. league prices have gone down a little bit this year swell, which is brilliant. we already have the demand imo, if match day tickets were a tenner wed sell out the etihad twice over. Hamburg a few years ago we sold 18,000 tickets in 3 hours i think, we have the fan base.

Im not moaning about prices because they are great, just suggesting an alternative. cheap prices = sell loads of tickets/ benefit the fans

A good business anticipates demand and prepares for it, you don't wait until people can't get in and then start to build, it's bad business to do that.

Surely a good business makes sure there's demand there first before building for no reason?

We are gaining fans all the time. I can remember some people didn't think we would increase our capacity from 47k to 54k, which we do for league games.

With Pep arriving and hopefully some world class players to add to what we already have - I say we should carry out the expansion ASAP.

The crowds will come!!

Surely a good business makes sure there's demand there first before building for no reason?
Nope, it has confidence in itself to grow and it prepares for that growth, luckily we have big forward thinking owners , not owners worried what others say if there are a few empty seats for a few cup games. I might be completely wrong but I'll be very surprised if we don't have a 61000 capacity at for 2017 / 18 or the season after at the latest.

Wonder how much 18-21 will be next season in family stand? Was £330 this season normally goes up by 5% but with everything happening what do we think? Shouldn't go up too much else no-one will buy it £350 should be the price

Nope, it has confidence in itself to grow and it prepares for that growth, luckily we have big forward thinking owners , not owners worried what others say if there are a few empty seats for a few cup games. I might be completely wrong but I'll be very surprised if we don't have a 61000 capacity at for 2017 / 18 or the season after at the latest.

I can see your point but I'd still wait.

We'd have to see what Pep and a couple of big signings will draw in.

I can see a lot of Spanish in Manchester choosing to watch City next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.