...S##T Refs

Good post from the Graham Poll thread that is relevant here. I have copied it below:
pei manc wrote:
I too have finally had enough of the dubious officiating within the Premier League in favor of the Sky favorites. It appears now as if they don’t even try to hide it probably because they are answerable to nobody. On reflection though what do we expect when which referee is chosen to handle which game by the one and only, Mr. United himself, Mike Riley.

Have you tried getting in touch with them via their organization? Professional Games Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) it is run, regulated and controlled by general manager Mike Riley, It’s impossible, nobody, it appears, can even question them, as they are an independent body hired by the premier league, hiding behind their limited company and the F.A.

In my opinion the standard of officiating, possibly with the exception of Mike Dean, has dropped dramatically since the referee’s salary was introduced. Now we have a chosen few, (all pro Sky4?), who are paid a salary, thus they now cannot be struck off the list or suffer any financial hardship for incompetence.

If PGMOL is a company then why cannot it hire the more competent referees from Europe and dismiss the dross we have to endure week in week out, or maybe, as evidenced in European games, these referees cannot be swayed into ignoring certain player’s (wannabe assistant referees a la Rooney), or favor certain teams actions.

We as fans pay, or over the years have paid, a lot of money to watch the game. All we ask for is a fair and equitable official who we trust to handle the game in an unbiased, agenda free manner. Is this too much to ask, and who is there to monitor and police them from allegations or incidents of corruption? Who monitors this, and how often?

Finally, I find myself rolling my eyes when I see that FIFA badge on the ref’s shirt, because in my mind it stands for Fully Incompetent Fuckin’ Amateur.

The influence that Ferguson feels he has on officials was revealed in April 2011, When Lee Mason admitted he would have sent Rooney off for swearing down a camera , Ferguson actually said "I feel sorry for Lee Mason...
I dont know where his career is going to go now"

As if a referees career could be blighted for giving an unfavourable decision against a United player!
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp</a> ... r-row.html
(video clip at 3.21)

It would be good if some investigative journalist could reveal the corruption behind PL referee system

Dowd is shit, Foy is bent (& I do not meen gay) , Walton love's all dippers and f*** us over on tuesday night, and Webb when he looks back at a match go's f***ing blind, so what the f*** are we to do.
Maybe catch one on the way to ref City and have a NICE word or two with them about the up comming match ;)
Why not it worked for fergie in the game at ours.

Anthony_18 said:
Enough is enough. Time to get right into there heads by in the cleverest way possible in pre-match press conferences. As for Walton being next, that is a joke considering his last performance in an Everton City game being the Moyes/Mancini handbags.
im sure before this season we hadnt ever won against everton whilst he was in charge, and he reffed a fair few of our games?

The good news is that once we're 12 points behind the rags, the refs might start reffing our games properly and we'll all get to enjoy the last few games of the season. Albeit we'll be watching a load of 17yr olds as the first 25 players will be out suspended but we'll get a bit of value for the shit load of money we pay to watch WWE Sky Soccer Ball.

First time ever i`m thinking of packing it all in, the games so corrupt it`s not funny. I

Once or twice I could live with but it's all the fucking time these days.

Phil dowd.. one of the worst ever refereeing performances tonight. Booked Kolarov for getting to the ball first let alone the penalty fiascos. It really is us against them at the moment.

We got 3 pts the other week in a true 6 pointer because a ref screwed up in our favour and I would happily swap the 8 pt lead we have over spurs for two cup exits. Over two legs Liverpool played with more intensity and we had few chances that's why we lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.