Sacking Mancini... was there even a choice?

Depends if you buy into the 'alienation' stuff. If there is any truth to that then what would the point be of keeping a man around who would surely continue to piss off all and sundry? Not sure if I believe it tbh, but the silence from the players this week speaks volumes IMO.

FWIW, my opinion is that after that cup final performance, he had to go. There were no real signs this season of things turning around or us starting to play like the City of last season. Targets or no targets, we still had class left right and centre in the squad and they underachieved in 12/13, you have to lay that at the door of the manager. Its what he got paid millions for.

Personally, I'm excited about the change and looking forward to seeing what Pellegrini will bring to the table.

It's really hard to say without knowing all the facts. I personally believe had he been given the full backing and the money to sign who he wanted this season would have been much much different. As for the players not getting on with him so what? He's a manager not their friend he tells them what to do and they get paid to do it. Player power is a real cancer of the modern game and always thought we didn't have that problem but if the stories are true then I've lost a lot of respect for some of our players. Loads of us don't like our boss but for £200k a week I'd kiss his arse everyday.

But what's done is done and hope the new guy has a long and successful career with us.

TFC said:
Not sure if I believe it tbh, but the silence from the players this week speaks volumes IMO.

Don't talk to me about these players. I resent the fuck out of some of them and what they've done here. I hope the owners never capitulate to the twats again.

As for the Spaniards, I have no idea why they're doing the hiring and firing managers and coaches. Why can't they limit themselves to the corporate stuff.

He is gone now.. Lets look to the future, although personally i believe he deserved one more year.

However what bothers me is the fact that some people have this notion that Mancini was the bad apple and now that he has left everything is gonna be rosy and we will win everything and dominate all..

I dont buy that.. Sooner or later some of you are gonna come to the realization that it wasnt all Bobby.

Joe Hart has been wank this season. I think Nasty has been our best defender this season and that is something Kompany shouldnt be proud of. Nasri was on holidays til the last two months or so.. and yes one could say that its Mancinis job to make sure that these players are not wank.. fine.. I agree..

I sure hope to God that I am wrong but what about when the new manager comes in and they are still wank?? What will the story be then??

It just amazes me that less than a year ago everyone was celebrating the fact that our best signing last summer was to re-sign Mancini. I simply can't believe how weak-willed the majority of this team is to throw a hissy fit that their manager expected more out of them. This team needs a major cleaning out of the cry-babies and those not willing to work far more than it needed a removal of Mancini.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
lucablue said:
Players spitting there dummy out got Bobby the sack. What a joke. It went under the radar that most of the fans had done one me included for the lap of honer. No honer in this lot I'm sorry. When players have this much power it's wrong.

I heard Noel Gallagher say "if we need to get someone in to pamper the players then so be it, it's there club". Errrr sorry I thought it was our club, another one out of touch.

No manager over 60 has ever lasted more than one year at a big European club fact. Well be luck to get forth next year.
Club sold it's soul. The sooner fan see that we don't matter anymore then and only then can they see whats going on. Just loot at the evening news with the disabled fan.

Someone start FC City.
Hmmmmm

Heynkes at Bayern???

richball_PF55 said:
Of course their was a choice.

He didn't have the go, the club needs stability and we had one of the best managers in the world,
Sure there was issues with some of the players in the squad but their is always going to be especially when some are being paid 200k+ a week and putting in sub par performances.

Egos exist in our squad, big time! And whether yous want to believe that your favorite players are all about the club and only the club, more than likely they are not. Mancini did his best and I come here sometimes and laugh at the posters that praised how he dealt with the Tevez situation now completely flip it and talk about how he contradicted himself,
In the next breath these same people are giving out about the "Rag" papers that they are no better then.

It wasn't perfect with Bobby, but we can't say anything because since Txiki and Soriano have come in everything has been ridiculously tight lipped and nobody knows exactly what was going on or what their "holistic approach" actually involves.

Don't mean to knock your response at all, but if you acknowledge there were problems was it really going to get better next season? Are are you saying we would have been fine as we were and just coming back fresh for the new season with a few signings and keeping the same philosophy?

Said it before and I'll say it again. The players and the manager have their good points and bad points. Hard hitting manager v mard arse players. He was way too hard they played way too shit.it could not continue so of course as you can't "sack" a full squad of players the club had no option but to sack Mancini.

If they try this shit again with pellgrini I'd hoof the fucking lot of them regardless of the financial hit.

Pam said:
TFC said:
Not sure if I believe it tbh, but the silence from the players this week speaks volumes IMO.

Don't talk to me about these players. I resent the fuck out of some of them and what they've done here. I hope the owners never capitulate to the twats again.

As for the Spaniards, I have no idea why they're doing the hiring and firing managers and coaches. Why can't they limit themselves to the corporate stuff.
I have to agree with you on this Pam. I don't like player power and that essentially is what we have at City. What is happening is unbelievable and not a word from the board to explain ..... other than an increase in season tickets.

Mancini was gone as soon as Tolmie indicated the Rubicon had been crossed, what two/three months ago?

Yes the point on no return, but the phrase originates from the time of Julius Caesar, who was assasinated by his senators.

Who were the senators who "assasinated" Mancini? The players, Kidd himself, or just the Spanish Mafia? Maybe we'll never know.

Et Tu Brute?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.