Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

Hihosilva said:
toffee balls said:
I have watched him closely since we have been linked with him.

He is an excellent fullback and his crossing is of supreme quality.

Dzeko and Sergio will be licking their lips.
As for his crossing, I haven't seen him cross once in the recent games that I've watched.

Are we getting overall a better player than Richards - I doubt it.

You will see.

I stopped worrying about the money side of things ages ago
Zab can't go through another season with no back up so i welcome this signing
He doesn't really fit in with our pretty boy image but you can't have everything
:)

Hihosilva said:
toffee balls said:

Not sure if we've been watching the same player.
For me he's a decent full back who retains the ball very well but doesn't cause much of a threat going forward. As for his crossing, I haven't seen him cross once in the recent games that I've watched.

Even if Sagna wasn't as good as Richards (though I expect almost everyone involved in the game would disagree with that) the fact that Sagna is actually fit some of the time will mean the squad is strengthened significantly in that position. Sagna also being able to play along the back four, particularly at centre half (Micah can't - he tried, but he can't) is also a big help. The you throw in the fact he's on a free and we've got a transfer budget limit. I wasn't keen on this signing at first but all things considered it may well prove to be a stroke of genius

chris85mcfc said:
CitizenTID said:
£120,000 a week for a backup right back? £80,000 is what we should be looking at

Where have you heard its £120,000 a week?

He is getting 120k because he is essentially getting his transfer fee. We are getting a 10m full back for free and that 10m goes on his wages

Fantastic signing,i imagine most other title chasing clubs would have loved his signature,his availability provides us with enviable depth and options.

Had he been under contract(as such,we may not have been interested...) a fee of up to 10m would not have been unreasonable.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Hihosilva said:
toffee balls said:

Not sure if we've been watching the same player.
For me he's a decent full back who retains the ball very well but doesn't cause much of a threat going forward. As for his crossing, I haven't seen him cross once in the recent games that I've watched.

Even if Sagna wasn't as good as Richards (though I expect almost everyone involved in the game would disagree with that) the fact that Sagna is actually fit some of the time will mean the squad is strengthened significantly in that position. Sagna also being able to play along the back four, particularly at centre half (Micah can't - he tried, but he can't) is also a big help. The you throw in the fact he's on a free and we've got a transfer budget limit. I wasn't keen on this signing at first but all things considered it may well prove to be a stroke of genius

We will see!

uwe rosler 28 said:
Has he actually signed? Or is it still gossip.
Still gossip, but the media are unanimously reporting that we'll announce the signing later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.