Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

Happy to have him on board if true but not at these wages. That said I've seen papers quote anything from £90K to £150K a week for him so does anybody outside of the club really no? I suspect not. Just typical papers trying to make it look like City throwing money at players.....and not for the first time. IMO he'll be on a decent basic but it'll be loaded with potential bonuses based on what's achieved. Then perhaps you'll get you £150K per week. That I can live with. If he gets it we'll have been successful..... again ;o).

CityPar said:
Happy to have him on board if true but not at these wages. That said I've seen papers quote anything from £90K to £150K a week for him so does anybody outside of the club really no? I suspect not. Just typical papers trying to make it look like City throwing money at players.....and not for the first time. IMO he'll be on a decent basic but it'll be loaded with potential bonuses based on what's achieved. Then perhaps you'll get you £150K per week. That I can live with. If he gets it we'll have been successful..... again ;o).

He'll be on 80k per week max plus bonuses. Ignore the press. Yaya/Kun/David etc are only getting 80K basic, with huge incentives.

Media lump in his signing fee, wage and then as usual balls up the euro/sterling difference, so keep adding 3mil with each conversion until they feel it looks right.

If anyone honestly thinks he will be on a basic of £150,000 a week then please have a word with yourself

He will be on about £80,000 a week plus bonuses which will probably take it up to around £100,000

Were not a small club that won the lottery anymore, these players WANT to come to us its not just about money anymore

Move with the times FFS

I never understand why people on here get so uppity about wages.

Firstly, nobody knows the terms, clauses, bonuses of any player's contract on here.

Anything reported in the media is pure speculation, I would be surprised if any journalist has ever seen the contract of a player in it's entirety.

To say you are happy to sign a player but not at the wages reported in the media is ridiculous in every way possible, if you are happy to sign him it's because of his technical ability, therefore his wages are irrelevant.

It is well known Soriano's model of contracts is highly based on incentives, so for Sagna to be paid anything that could be deemed high, he would have to earn it, and the success it brings would justify the amount.

The wages in football are beyond ridiculous, that's football's problem but shouldn't be used as a reason not to sign a player.

Yes, people can take it to extreme's and twist this into "so, is £1m a week ok then", however people need to apply a level of common sense and not go down that rather immature path.

It's just a nonsensical and ineffectual argument for a fan to have.

chris85mcfc said:
If anyone honestly thinks he will be on a basic of £150,000 a week then please have a word with yourself

He will be on about £80,000 a week plus bonuses which will probably take it up to around £100,000

Were not a small club that won the lottery anymore, these players WANT to come to us its not just about money anymore

Move with the times FFS

THIS!!!!! he was at arsenal on a strict wage structure, there is no way he will be coming to us on treble the fucking wages

It suits the media to ramp up the wages when we are involved so they can hit us with the "ruining football" stick every window

If we've signed him on £90,000 a week, that is a ****ing bargain.

That'll only cost us around £15 million over 3 years.

If we were to sign another back-up right back, the transfer fee alone would cost that!

I have watched him closely since we have been linked with him.

He is an excellent fullback and his crossing is of supreme quality.

Dzeko and Sergio will be licking their lips.

Surely a few millions signing on fee will be paid to him. Also some money to his agent...

toffee balls said:

Agree think he is one of the top 3 RBs in the prem and a great addition to our squad only downside is his age but on a free he is a no brainer

toffee balls said:

Not sure if we've been watching the same player.
For me he's a decent full back who retains the ball very well but doesn't cause much of a threat going forward. As for his crossing, I haven't seen him cross once in the recent games that I've watched.

Are we getting overall a better player than Richards - I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.