Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

karen7 said:
I hate transfer saga's,can't we just fast foward to august please
Ah but if we did that all the irish blues would miss monsoon season :(

Puppet Master Silva said:
Still hugely underwhelmed with the prospect of Sagna signing.
Me too, though if Micah gone & used as an understoody to Zabba then Ok, just not on mega wages £50-£60k a week please.

Well, he's not really meant to be an exciting signing, just a pragmatic one. One of the league's top 4 or 5 right-backs to rotate with a worn out Zaba for a FFP-friendly fee (£0). And the lack of any transfer fee means even with high wages, he'll cost less than a high quality right-back would otherwise.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
We need to lay down a deadline for these players, if they don't agree to sign by then lets move onto someone who does want to come, and preferably someone who is a few years younger than 31.

Like others I'm not arsed either way on this I trust the club to make the right decision.

why do we need a deadline? There is no freaking rush, his current contract does not expire until June 30th as fas as I am aware

LoveCity said:
Well, he's not really meant to be an exciting signing, just a pragmatic one. One of the league's top 4 or 5 right-backs to rotate with a worn out Zaba for a FFP-friendly fee (£0). And the lack of any transfer fee means even with high wages, he'll cost less than a high quality right-back would otherwise.

Exactly this but I get the impression that because he will replace Micah and because he's 31 a lot of people struggle to see the bigger picture.

George Hannah said:
would be more exciting if we had a young right back on the verge of breaking into the first team

We will have in approx 2 years hence why we are signing a top class 31yr old now.

FantasyIreland said:
George Hannah said:
would be more exciting if we had a young right back on the verge of breaking into the first team

We will have in approx 2 years hence why we are signing a top class 31yr old now.
Correct, Sagna is purely a stopgap to cover a couple of years or so, as is Demichelis. As to these wages being thrown around as far as I'm aware they originated from a single source and all the other media just repeat the same figure over and over. That doesn't make it necessarily true.

Don't give a shit about wages thats between club and player but from the discussion on FFP looks like we give a basic with bonus on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.