Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

I like it how people flap about transfers even though it's not even June yet.

There's 1000's of players out there yet people only seem to think if we don't sign
Sagna
Mangala
Fernando. That's it transfers over.

mcfc2607 said:

There's 1000's of players out there yet people only seem to think if we don't sign
Sagna
Mangala

I'm guessing its because people don't want a repeat of this window back in 2012 when we waited to late and didn't really strengthen the team mainly due to missing out on all our first choice targets.

cityboy1 said:
mcfc2607 said:

Sagna
Mangala

I'm guessing its because people don't want a repeat of this window back in 2012 when we waited to late and didn't really strengthen the team mainly due to missing out on all our first choice targets.

Yes and lets not get cocky cos we had one swift transfer window last summer - we do seem to faff about when you compare us with the likes of PSG and Chelsea - I have to be honest it does worry me when Chelsea or PSG are after the same targets as us, they go in big when they are after a player and get it done quickly .... we on the other hand like to 'negotiate' for what seems an eternity sometimes .... maybe its just my perception as a nervous City fan!!

I can absolutely see the sense in signing Sagna but a £120,000/week three year deal seems a bit over the top (source for this is The Mirror so maybe not accurate).

Having another reliable right back will allow us to use Zabba's versatility to cover other positions such as left back and defensive midfield - the latter would have been useful against Chelsea at home this season.

Is this not what always happens on the eleventh hour before a signing?

Media say player not coming like they do with the rags except we usually sign ours.

MeatHunterrr said:
Rammyblues said:
Depends when his contract ends with Arsenal, if it is at the end of May I expect next week sometime but if at the end of June could be we have to wait till July.

You can still announce it regardless of whether it expires in June or May.

All football contacts run until the end of June Regardless of that a transfer can be announced but registration will not be effective until 1 July

blue b4 the moon said:
Is this not what always happens on the eleventh hour before a signing?

Media say player not coming like they do with the rags except we usually sign ours.
You could be right. In view of the bad blood between City and the Arse, it's best for Sagna to play a straight bat to reporters questions until he has signed on the dotted line, especially where we are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.