Sainsbury's - Employee sacked for not paying for bags

I remember working at Sainsbury's on Regent Road a long time ago. Horrible place to work. It was night shift work, no camaraderie among teh staff (you would expect something among night shift staff!) and we would get frisked at the end of the shrift to ensue we haven't stolen anything. Oh, I had to work on the pop aisles. Spending six hours re-stocking large bottles and packs of cans was not fun.

I remember working at Sainsbury's on Regent Road a long time ago. Horrible place to work. It was night shift work, no camaraderie among teh staff (you would expect something among night shift staff!) and we would get frisked at the end of the shrift to ensue we haven't stolen anything. Oh, I had to work on the pop aisles. Spending six hours re-stocking large bottles and packs of cans was not fun.
Did you do any coke?

So the worker spends £30 and doesn't pay for a few bags, then gets sacked after an employment tribunal.

You could argue that if he's 'stolen' some bags, maybe he's stolen other things blah blah blah, but sounds like a complete overreaction to me. I will take extra satisfaction the next time I 'forget' to scan something at their checkouts.

Should be bringing his own bag anyhow rather than using plastic ones. They should rehire him and sack him again the ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.