Saints (A) Post Match Thread

That performance deserved at least 3 goals but everyone has lost their shooting boots, Bernardo, KDB and Mahrez should all have been on the score sheet.

Lets not ignore that was a very good defensive performance, against one of the most in form teams in the league though. As nervous as I was in that last 10 mins, the clean sheet was fully deserved. Lets hope Bielsa's words after the Leeds vs City game start to ring true for City: "...which indicates that a lot of the time, you have to defend better, so that you can attack well"

Imagine centurions attack form coupled with a rock solid defence, that would be a City team no team in the world would fancy their chances against.

A brilliant 3 points against a very cohesive and in form side.

The Centre Half partnership - superb,especially the reinvention of John Stones.

I thought Bernardo was much better today too,up until the last 10mins anyway.......he needs a run now.

Effort and desire was difficult to criticise.

We still struggle with decision making,why the fuck do we take that extra toch and overplay everything??

Our fitness continues to be an issue,also Peps sub use continues to baffle.

Mike Dean is fucking useless.He let alot of their niggles go and cracked down on ours,and where the fuck were 5 mins from?

Overall......a 7/10 and a great platform to build upon.

MOTM John Stones

Mike Deans performance was shocking... the booking for Kev was an absolute joke. Not even a foul let alone a booking.

It was silence for around 5 minutes after we scored & both Dury & that cnut Townsend who never has a good word to say about us only started mouthing up when Southampton started getting ontop

Its embarrassing every week, Sky, BT, Amazon or BBC they all have 1 agenda

I now switch on at ko, turn off at ht then back on when we ko for 2nd half

I no longer put myself through the constant lying, biased punditry before & after any City game
Never noticed it today.In fact I thought Townsend was fair throughout.
Far worse on the match day thread.
Time for a clear out there.

It was silence for around 5 minutes after we scored & both Dury & that cnut Townsend who never has a good word to say about us only started mouthing up when Southampton started getting ontop

Its embarrassing every week, Sky, BT, Amazon or BBC they all have 1 agenda

I now switch on at ko, turn off at ht then back on when we ko for 2nd half

I no longer put myself through the constant lying, biased punditry before & after any City game
I noticed that whenever City had a good spell of attacking possession there was very little commentary and as you say mostly silence. It happened on a few occasions and it seemed as if Andy Townsend suddenly realized he should at least make an effort and begudingly offered a few positive words about City. Most of the commentary was from a Southampton perspective, like he was a fan.

It was no surprise when he named a Southampton player as man of the match.

Mike Deans performance was shocking... the booking for Kev was an absolute joke. Not even a foul let alone a booking.
Without a doubt the most ridiculous yellow card decision I’ve ever seen.

The problem with these refs is that they’ve never played the game or at best they were always last pick.

Anyone who’s played the game knows exactly what kevs done there, he’s received the ball and turned to pass it out wide, we see him do that every week.

But that’s my rant over, a good 3 points against an in-form side.

Have we been spoiled by 6 nil wins and 100 point seasons ? In the meantime we have lost Vinny Merlin Zab and Sergio and Fern are coming to the end. I must be honest and say watching this team frustrates me but now Pep has a new contract is it possible that he is rebuilding from the back ? Strikers are usually the final piece in the jigsaw after the defensive foundations have been laid. This would be against his principles as a coach but maybe he has realised he must evolve ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.