Salford City - moving to AJ Bell stadium (P9)

Thought they’ve only just built and moved into there new stadium fee years back why is Neville moving Salford away?
Salford Amateurs had been at Moor Lane since the 70s, the current owners built up the stadium after the takeover and renaming of the club. Moor Lane is a more traditional football ground but from a commercial angle I can see why Neville and his mob would prefer the AJ Bell.

I've read that GNev has said Moor Lane is fine for their current needs, but they will outgrow it. The opportunity to jointly take over the AJ Bell is only available now, otherwise Sale Sharks will take it on outright.

I think the rumoured £15m cost to buy it (and so £7.5m for their 50% share) is considerably less than it would cost to build a similar sized stadium, so its a business decision.

In addition, the hospitality options on matchdays and, conferencing facilities on non-matchday is a source of revenue they don't currently have (or not to that extent).

Ah right cheers how many more does It hold to there ground?

Posted losses of £3.3 million in getting promoted from NL to EFL, spending £500000 on player signings.

not sure how this fits in with FFP, how did they get away with it ?
It's only City that fall foul of FFP. Everyone else is fine. Occasionally, the football authorities drag a member in front of their star chamber and give 'em a bollocking just to show that the strategy has 'teeth'. And beside, Shagger Giggsy 'n Co own this club. They have probably seen the mess City got into with FFP and have made sure that everything is compliant.

It's only City that fall foul of FFP. Everyone else is fine. Occasionally, the football authorities drag a member in front of their star chamber and give 'em a bollocking just to show that the strategy has 'teeth'. And beside, Shagger Giggsy 'n Co own this club. They have probably seen the mess City got into with FFP and have made sure that everything is compliant.
Clubs aren't subject to FFP at that level (they'll have an issue if they reach the Championship). Owner funding is allowed.

Is there any parking near the AJ Bell? I seem to recall rugby fans moaning about having to park a fair distance away and walk in all weathers. - The car park visible from the motorway being reserved for players, officials and a few lucky punters etc.
Dear Salford, I'm a bit of a groundhopper concentrating on EFL and PL grounds, so please get relegated before you move so I don't have to visit your new ground. - I went to Moor Lane before the rag infestation.

Is there any parking near the AJ Bell? I seem to recall rugby fans moaning about having to park a fair distance away and walk in all weathers. - The car park visible from the motorway being reserved for players, officials and a few lucky punters etc.
Dear Salford, I'm a bit of a groundhopper concentrating on EFL and PL grounds, so please get relegated before you move so I don't have to visit your new ground. - I went to Moor Lane before the rag infestation.
Longtime lurker and first time poster. The parking at the AJ Bell is less than ideal. I've been to a few Salford games and found that the nearest parking is a good 15 minute walk away due to residents parking restrictions. I park at Eccles RUFC which is the other side of the M60 to give you some perspective.

I went to Moor Lane before the rag infestation.
This is the problem,the Rags have adopted Salford as their mini me......so ,i suspect many City fans,who would have previously or otherwise shown an enthusiasm for the club,will now distance themselves.

I only live 10 mins away,and would have enjoyed the opportunity of local lower league football,so it's a shame Salford,and their owners,have done nothing to discourage the restriction of their fan base.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.