SALLY GUNNELL !!! (aka Forlan for you younger ones)

Re: SALLY GUNNELL !!!

I can't believe how arrogant and misplaced some peoples views are on Forlan.

There are fans on here who don't believe the golden boot winner in Europe for 2 of the last 4 seasons who fired his team into the Champions league is not good enough for a mid table team who haven't won anything in 30 odd years.

If we could get Forlan we would have a world class experienced goal scorer and we would be lucky to get a striker of that quality at our level of development.

He has after all consistently equalled or out scored Et'o at inferior teams in the same league he also knows what the prem is about and would come with a huge point to prove.

If we had Robbie, him and Tevez up front with Roque on the bench for a tactical change and Boj, Caciedo and Bellamy for injuries we would have the strongest frontline (including bench) in the Premier League!

I would be very very happy to get such a prolific striker!!!!

Robbo. said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
rolfey1979 said:
i think we should be looking for players that are in the premiership,that are provern,and in there prime.if mark hughes wants to keep his job i think he needs to play it safe,and over pay if need be,leave the big super signings to the board,mark needs to build up his profile,if he wants to be a succsess with our football club,dnt think that forlan would help in any way

What striker can you really sign in the prem,that is A, good enough, B, wont cost you an arm and a leg and are actually good enough, because im struggling to find one

Owen.
tevez van persie crouch,all score goals that will gaurntee a top six

milo said:
Morientez was the bollocks in La Liga...

Sorry, Can't agree with you there. Morientes was average in la liga. Playing for Real Madrid he scored a few goals. I never rated him and nor did some of the Real managers, judging by how little he played.

yes and would be a great signing. I do think the people who do not want him dont watch much la liga and only have his united days to base their views on.

i would have to say I would be pleased to see him in our blue next year.

Didnt get a fair crack at the swamp. He did score some good goals tho.

But when I have watched him over past couple of years he has been excellent. Scored some wonder goals too.

I would be prepared to say he would run the top scorer in the prem very close if he came.

I just cant see him coming though. shame

Edit:- He also has an eye for a pass. Sets up his fair share.

rolfey1979 said:
Robbo. said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
rolfey1979 said:
i think we should be looking for players that are in the premiership,that are provern,and in there prime.if mark hughes wants to keep his job i think he needs to play it safe,and over pay if need be,leave the big super signings to the board,mark needs to build up his profile,if he wants to be a succsess with our football club,dnt think that forlan would help in any way

What striker can you really sign in the prem,that is A, good enough, B, wont cost you an arm and a leg and are actually good enough, because im struggling to find one

Owen.
tevez van persie crouch,all score goals that will gaurntee a top six

When have they ever led a line and fired there team into europe???

Forlan would be a fantastic signing. The way I think about it is that Spurs or Villa could get him if we didn't bother. Imagine the difference he'd make to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.