Same as under Mancini

Loved roberto , he won us the league , so i would never slag the guy off , but pellegrini has brought entertaining football , this season isnt over yet , but we dont need major surgery for next season , we need a strong left sided centre half , a top quality left back who can handle pressure games , and a player in the mould of nigel de jong to be able to stiffen up the midfield when neccesary , and next season we go again,

gmckennasell said:
Loved roberto , he won us the league , so i would never slag the guy off , but pellegrini has brought entertaining football , this season isnt over yet , but we dont need major surgery for next season , we need a strong left sided centre half , a top quality left back who can handle pressure games , and a player in the mould of nigel de jong to be able to stiffen up the midfield when neccesary , and next season we go again,

Mangala, Luke shaw and fernando.

Fair play i didn't expect Dismal Dave and Billy The Fish to be on here tonight, but at least Billy has been man enough to come on and make himself look even more ridiculous than usual.

On a serious note, whilst I still back the manager, I don't think there has been a significant improvement under Pellegrini.

We may have a more content squad, but ultimately we have to be judged on results.

callumcity said:
gmckennasell said:

good shout , but i would prefer NDJ back in a blue shirt.

gmckennasell said:
callumcity said:
gmckennasell said:

Who wouldn't but nige left cos his wife hates Manchester apparently, can see him returning. Love him though.

Danielmanc said:
For myself I think that if we can't beat Sunderland at home then we probably don't deserve it

No "probably" about it, hopefully Sunderland will go down, at least we might have a decent stab at 6pts off Burnley next season.

callumcity said:
We're all a big fucked off with that performance today, and rightly so it was utter wank. But c'mon, some of the football we've played earlier on in the season has been class, magical. Pellegrini is the right man for the job, he just needs to learn sometimes you have to grind out wins, Mancini would have gotten us a draw against Liverpool and a win today, by playing boring. Attacking expansive football is great, but not always the answer. Pellegrini will learn that in the premier league you can't always play like barca, sometimes, rarely, you have to play like Chelsea.

I thought he might have learnt it after Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland away, we're 33 games into the season and it seems he still hasn't worked that out. He deserves another season but if we start next season as slowly as we did this season...

gmckennasell said:
callumcity said:
gmckennasell said:

We already have the best squad. Of course it can be improved and we have loads of strikers but are short in central defence

Why is the best squad underachieving? Because the players are coasting. That needs addressing either through a new manager or through stronger management of the players

Ric said:
On a serious note, whilst I still back the manager, I don't think there has been a significant improvement under Pellegrini.

We may have a more content squad, but ultimately we have to be judged on results.

I'm actually wondering whether Pellegrini might turn out to be the iron fist in the velvet glove this Summer.
Clearly Mancini wasn't able to work with the rest of the management team and fell out with many members of the squad.
Pellegrini is a lot easier to work with and work for but who is to say at this point that he won't make a lot of the same
decisions about personnel that Mancini would have made last Summer? I think Mancini had picked up on who wasn't
up for the fight required to win another title either in terms of ability or mentality. Pellegrini after a season in charge
may well make a similar judgement. I can see some big names going.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Ric said:

I'm actually wondering whether Pellegrini might turn out to be the iron fist in the velvet glove this Summer.
Clearly Mancini wasn't able to work with the rest of the management team and fell out with many members of the squad.
Pellegrini is a lot easier to work with and work for but who is to say at this point that he won't make a lot of the same
decisions about personnel that Mancini would have made last Summer? I think Mancini had picked up on who wasn't
up for the fight required to win another title either in terms of ability or mentality. Pellegrini after a season in charge
may well make a similar judgement. I can see some big names going.

I don't dispute Pellegrini having the balls to make those decisions, but am intrigued as to who you think are the big names he'd let go?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.