Samir Nasri

meet me at the 109 said:
played well but were has he been most of the season this form only started after mancini said a few home truths about him.I still worry about his ability to get stuck in and he seems to lose the ball very easy. I think there are better players to be bought in the summer that can do his job and more!!!
He like Aguero & Silva have had a very stop-start season & have been unable to gain momentum because of injuries & in Nasri's case suspensions too. I've never doubted his quality or desire & saw his previous bland performances as nothing else other than a player trying to regain match-fitness & form after many lay-offs.

Yesterday was one of the few occasions this season that Nasri, Silva, Tevez & Aguero have been able to start together. If this season has shown anything it is that outside our best 15 players that we are a top 8 side at best. High quality strength in depth is our problem, but hopefully this will now be resolved in the summer.

Dribble said:
meet me at the 109 said:
played well but were has he been most of the season this form only started after mancini said a few home truths about him.I still worry about his ability to get stuck in and he seems to lose the ball very easy. I think there are better players to be bought in the summer that can do his job and more!!!
He like Aguero & Silva have had a very stop-start season & have been unable to gain momentum because of injuries & in Nasri's case suspensions too. I've never doubted his quality or desire & saw his previous bland performances as nothing else other than a player trying to regain match-fitness & form after many lay-offs.

Yesterday was one of the few occasions this season that Nasri, Silva, Tevez & Aguero have been able to start together. If this season has shown anything it is that outside our best 15 players that we are a top 8 side at best. High quality strength in depth is our problem, but hopefully this will now be resolved in the summer.
Definitely a big reason why we have failed domestically, a fully fit City side can beat pretty much everyone in PL, but a combination of injuries, complacency and poor transfer window has led us to where we are, which really ain't horrible. Most key areas where this lack of depth is shown is attacking midfield, central midfield and left back.

NoahCity said:
Dribble said:
meet me at the 109 said:

Definitely a big reason why we have failed domestically, a fully fit City side can beat pretty much everyone in PL, but a combination of injuries, complacency and poor transfer window has led us to where we are, which really ain't horrible. Most key areas where this lack of depth is shown is attacking midfield, central midfield and left back.
And cover for Tevez/Aguero. Our attacking midfield is fine. Only Chelsea have a midfield that can match our creative potential

meet me at the 109 said:

Don't agree, his ball retention is up there with the best. Yesterday he kept the ball a lot better than Silva did, for example. I'd like him to stay if he keeps playing as he has in the past few weeks.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
meet me at the 109 said:

Don't agree, his ball retention is up there with the best. Yesterday he kept the ball a lot better than Silva did, for example. I'd like him to stay if he keeps playing as he has in the past few weeks.

His ball retention is good as he plays simple 5 yard passes almost every time whereas Silva tries more killer balls. Never been a fan of Nasri since he's been here,complete poulet.

I think he has been doing great the last weeks. I just cant help but wonder if it is because he is showing of to get a move? He has shown only glimpses of the player he can be (and so have several of our players) this season, but injuries and a ban have kept him away from the pitch quite a bit. Maybe he needs to play more often?

jake28 said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
meet me at the 109 said:

His ball retention is good as he plays simple 5 yard passes almost every time whereas Silva tries more killer balls. Never been a fan of Nasri since he's been here,complete poulet.

Some truth in this over the season but he is now starting to effect the game more & his workrate is twice that of Silva.

He is playing like someone who really wants to stay at the club but I don't trust him to keep it up, so imo we should either replace him or sign someone for his job & let them battle it out (with Silva too for that matter, nobody has a devine right to play).

He's playing very well, he is a good player.

This season has looked like this for him:
Season started, same Nasri as last season (good player)
Got a virus, lost his starting place
Lost confidence and form
Got his place back, was outstanding at Newcastle, got injured
Lost fitness and his place
Got his place back, hid round the wall for the United winner
Lost further confidence, dropped
Got back in the side, played really well at Norwich, got sent off
Lost his place and confidence and form
Got back in the side, got injured
Lost his place, confidence and form
Didn't play well for ages
Mancini sounded him out
He's been very good since

Hopefully his form and confidence is back for good. Then next year he can become consistent and for once the fucking fans can get off his back.

The way I see it is either

The criticism Bobby said about him has hit home and he has decided to up his game

Or

Hes been told he is surplus to requirements and hes playing well to drum up interest from other clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.