Samir Nasri

IF City can find un upgrade for Nasri, then I prefer to sell him.

But the problem is that I don't see any "available" player that is better than Nasri.

I was hoping to see Hazard or Di Maria taking his place, but now I don't know who can replace Nasri.

Nasri just needs some consistency. He's stepped up his game a lot in recent weeks

jake28 said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
meet me at the 109 said:
played well but were has he been most of the season this form only started after mancini said a few home truths about him.I still worry about his ability to get stuck in and he seems to lose the ball very easy. I think there are better players to be bought in the summer that can do his job and more!!!

Don't agree, his ball retention is up there with the best. Yesterday he kept the ball a lot better than Silva did, for example. I'd like him to stay if he keeps playing as he has in the past few weeks.

His ball retention is good as he plays simple 5 yard passes almost every time whereas Silva tries more killer balls. Never been a fan of Nasri since he's been here,complete poulet.

Sorry. that's not true.

Nasri constantly achieves the highest number of "key passes" per game.

That not only includes assists but also the passes to the person who gets an assist etc..

He creates a very high number of chances.

Yesterday for example:

Nasri created 4 chances, which resulted in 2 goals.

Silva created 0 chances. but admittedly had a quiet game.

For balance. In the derby a few weeks ago, Silva created 4 chances to Nasri's 1. Nasri's creation resulting in a goal, Silva 0 goals.

Against Newcastle at home 4-0:

Nasri created 6 chances resulting in 1 goal (which Silva scored).
Silva created 3 chances (resulting in 0 goals - largely irrelevant not his fault)

If you look at the Chelsea 2-0 win, which Nasri didn't play in. Silva created 9 chances resulting in both goals. Superb.

QPR last game of the season, Silva created 6 chances(1 goal), Nasri 7.

Really, all that tells you is that they are largely similar. But whilst Silva has barnstorming games, when he is at his brilliant best, he is by far better than Nasri. But Nasri does more consistently create chances when he plays.

He really isn't consistent enough -that's the issue... seems to me he is playing for a Cup Final place...he needs to give a 100percent in every game to be considered top drawer.

Marvin said:
Nasri just needs some consistency. He's stepped up his game a lot in recent weeks

Mario Balotelli stepped up his game in Euro last summer and his value reached 40 Million Euro but City decided to keep him !

Tevez City said:
IF City can find un upgrade for Nasri, then I prefer to sell him.

But the problem is that I don't see any "available" player that is better than Nasri.

I was hoping to see Hazard or Di Maria taking his place, but now I don't know who can replace Nasri.
If we can find an upgrade to Nasri we also need to keep Nasri. We are severely lacking in attacking midfield. We have Silva and Nasri - with Sinclair and Suarez who won't be getting on the pitch - where München Dortmund Barça Madrid United Juve Spurs Arsenal and Chelsea, plus many other clubs, can call on up to eight players in this area of the field. I think this is our biggest Achilles heel as a team. We are paper thin as a squad.

In a 4231 imagine the three being Reus Silva and Nasri. Plus another on the bench, maybe even two. This is the most important area of the pitch we need to address this Summer.

Marvin said:
NoahCity said:
Dribble said:
He like Aguero & Silva have had a very stop-start season & have been unable to gain momentum because of injuries & in Nasri's case suspensions too. I've never doubted his quality or desire & saw his previous bland performances as nothing else other than a player trying to regain match-fitness & form after many lay-offs.

Yesterday was one of the few occasions this season that Nasri, Silva, Tevez & Aguero have been able to start together. If this season has shown anything it is that outside our best 15 players that we are a top 8 side at best. High quality strength in depth is our problem, but hopefully this will now be resolved in the summer.
Definitely a big reason why we have failed domestically, a fully fit City side can beat pretty much everyone in PL, but a combination of injuries, complacency and poor transfer window has led us to where we are, which really ain't horrible. Most key areas where this lack of depth is shown is attacking midfield, central midfield and left back.
And cover for Tevez/Aguero. Our attacking midfield is fine. Only Chelsea have a midfield that can match our creative potential
attacking midfield ain't fine. There is Nasri and Silva and then the hardworking Milner but we still lack a winger willing to really drive at opponents and quicken the tempo with dribbling, cross the ball in (and a good cross, too many times we put in the lofty ones that don't do anything) and score a bit more. Bring in this wing type player and then we are set (Lamela/Reus/Bale etc.)

The midfield we played yesterday is by far our best option. Where we are lacking is strength is depth. Milner is a good replacement and you could switch him and Gaz Baz without it affecting the team to much but after that we fall short. Garcia is not good enough, Rodwell is injury prone although I hope he comes good, Sinclair - not seen enough to judge but he does seem short on confidence and after that we have no one player who can affect a game. Bring in two new midfielders and lose Garcia, Sinclair and just for good measure Kolarov too.

Watching Aresenal v Rags & Nasri is just out of the mold of Roswicki, Ramsay etc. He is too steeped in the Arsenal style of taking 15 passes in the box rather than shoot .All so predictable ,easy to defend & so f****g annoying .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.