San Marino v England | Monday 15th November 2021

How are people moaning about England winning ? My god… get a life.
If we didn’t score more than 5 people would be slagging the team off saying how poor they are, and now they score 10 people are still moaning about something.

england was expected too and played well. They scored 10 goals. Job done. Back to the premier league now.

well done England. Nice to see some young players getting some caps under the belt.

It’s not a bad thing lol. It’s just if you never score in big games and you do score loads in other games you are a stat padder. The only “big” games Kane turns up for are North London derbies. And we all recognise Arsenal are hardly the top standard.
I am too young to tell you about Greaves (although he’d be a World Cup winner had he not gotten injured). Lukaku, I would say, is a bit of a stat padder as he doesn’t score enough important goals. You say hes “only” got 2 League Titles, that’s still 2 more than Kane.
Fair point about Kane's disappearing act in big games - so basically, he can only ever be a stat padder until the point he wins a trophy or scores in a big game, either for Spurs or England? Greaves is definitely before my time but I did remember his goals to games ratio was ridiculously good; I had to look up the trophies as I wasn't sure about what he'd won with Spurs. Where does the line get drawn between stat padder and genuinely good goal scorer?

Interestingly, I just checked Lewandowski's goals in the group - he got 8:
Hungary (a) - 1
Andorra (h) - 2
Albania (h) - 1
San Marino (a) - 2
Andorra (a) - 2

Kane's goals (12 in total):
Albania (a) - 1
Poland (h) - 1 (pen)
Hungary (a) - 1
Andorra (h) - 1 (pen)
Poland (a) - 1
Albania (h) - 3
San Marino (a) - 4 (2 pens)

Kane scored in 7 out of 10 games while Lewandowski scored in 5 out of 10 games. I don't care enough to look up how many minutes each of them played in each game, and this doesn't really prove anything but I thought it was interesting.

Fair point about Kane's disappearing act in big games - so basically, he can only ever be a stat padder until the point he wins a trophy or scores in a big game, either for Spurs or England? Greaves is definitely before my time but I did remember his goals to games ratio was ridiculously good; I had to look up the trophies as I wasn't sure about what he'd won with Spurs. Where does the line get drawn between stat padder and genuinely good goal scorer?

Interestingly, I just checked Lewandowski's goals in the group - he got 8:
Hungary (a) - 1
Andorra (h) - 2
Albania (h) - 1
San Marino (a) - 2
Andorra (a) - 2

Kane's goals (12 in total):
Albania (a) - 1
Poland (h) - 1 (pen)
Hungary (a) - 1
Andorra (h) - 1 (pen)
Poland (a) - 1
Albania (h) - 3
San Marino (a) - 4 (2 pens)

Kane scored in 7 out of 10 games while Lewandowski scored in 5 out of 10 games. I don't care enough to look up how many minutes each of them played in each game, and this doesn't really prove anything but I thought it was interesting.
Didn't go tonight Leipzig away takes precedence obviously. Went Andorra away and Kane didn't start or play and if I remember right San Marino at home he didn't start or play. Proper rate him and be nice when he becomes England's top scorer in less games than others.

Alan Hansen was asked for his opinion of San Marino and was quoted as saying..."shoddy defending".
Think Alan would have said ….”Sloppy defending”. Then he would have rightly praised Scotland doing the business and making the playoffs.

Didn't go tonight Leipzig away takes precedence obviously. Went Andorra away and Kane didn't start or play and if I remember right San Marino at home he didn't start or play. Proper rate him and be nice when he becomes England's top scorer in less games than others.
Top striker and would get shitloads for us unfortunately not worth the money Levy was quoted as asking, Kanes loss as well he won't be taking many medals home playing for Spurs.

No England games till next year. He might be a blue when he breaks that record ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.