Sanchez [Continued]

Status
Not open for further replies.
matsi said:
Breaking News:
One of the longest transfer sagas of the summer is over after Barcelona confirmed the signing of Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez.

I was about to post this from FCB

@FCBarcelona
FC Barcelona
The cost of the transfer is 26 million with variable cost of 11.5 million. The player is due in Barcelona this weekend.
47 seconds ago

What was our bid we left on the table? How much did Udinese lose on this deal?

Sanchez + Fabregas (soon), the strength of Barca's attacking squad at least is mind-blowing now. Surprised they have not invested in more defensive strength though, they strike me as vulnerable under pressure (not that they often are under pressure but it happens).

I think we bid 38m which if you add on the extras means Udinese have missed out on half a million. Thing that puzzles me is that Sanchez is nowhere near the same type of player as Aguero is, he (Sanchez) is genuine winger which makes me think we may still want Nasri/Sneijder and a winger (Mata) or the other lad from Fiorentina.

City Raider said:
so sanchez and fabregas added to that team - wow

they must be letting go of one of the others though, it just doesnt make sense otherwise

It makes perfect sense. For a top side, Barcelona actually have one of smallest squads out there for amount of games they play; Sanchez can swap with Villa and Pedro; Fabregas can swap with Iniesta and Xavi.

BlueCityfan said:
The fee already tells you that he rejected us. I mean...City made a much better offer.

Don't blame him to be fair. If Barcelona are in for you, they're always going to be first choice, IMO.

Rammyblues said:
I think we bid 38m which if you add on the extras means Udinese have missed out on half a million. Thing that puzzles me is that Sanchez is nowhere near the same type of player as Aguero is, he (Sanchez) is genuine winger which makes me think we may still want Nasri/Sneijder and a winger (Mata) or the other lad from Fiorentina.

Think Lavezzi could be the winger (he's a "forward" but like Bellamy is fast and effective as a winger and gets plenty of assists), he got flack for some bad performances for Argentina on here but even Messi looked underpar for Argentina and Tevez was so good he got benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.