Sane injured?

Injuries seem to be exaggerated by the woven turf used by clubs including City these days,, the turf doesn't give when placed under pressure so surely that pressure has to dissipate in the player's joints and soft tissue leading to more stress / injuries...

regardless, hope this is only a tweak and nothing more... rumours go from a comment to 50,000 feet in a couple of tweets so could be something and nothing... we'll see

When did he play on it?

they have these pitches at the academy surely.... they have been weaving the pitches at the Etihad for years so I expect the campus /training ground is no different...

The CFA's pitches are all varied I believe. One is identical in every way to the Etihad. But our pitch is no different to several top team's pitches.
I was out with a lad yesterday, he's just been released by Blackburn, he was telling us that players do find the 4G or woven pitches quite hard. Much prefer playing on them, but seems they are harder on the joints.
Poor lad himself is looking for a new club whilst recovering from an ACL. He's doing his rehab at St George's park. Another 4G or woven pitch.

For what it's worth, I imagine injuries are becoming more common due to a combination of the condition you'd expect of a current top PL player and the slight change in football style. An increase in 'high pressing' high intensity type style. Chelsea or Leicester for example sit back, allow other teams the ball and spring quick counter attacks. I imagine Leicester players last year did far fewer shorter sprints than us, but far for longer sprints. Klopp said his players were getting too many injuries after he tried to implement his BVB style on Liverpool.
Leicester who played mainly on the counter and Chelsea likewise suffered far fewer injuries than us, Liverpool and Arsenal that all try a high pressing type of style. On the occassions we had all our key players available and in the right positions, we were actually quite good. One I jury and our whole system was rendered useless.

I imagine we suffer a good few injuries because a good percentage of our key players were asked to press. Something they weren't particulally very good at or physically suited to in. The age of some of our players won't help. We have more overv30's than most.

If Sane has tweaked his hammy or worse, I would imagine a keenness to impresses may have been a contributing factor.

Last edited:
The CFA's pitches are all varied I believe. One is identical in every way to the Etihad. But our pitch is no different to several top team's pitches.
I was out with a lad yesterday, he's just been released by Blackburn, he was telling us that players do find the 4G or woven pitches quite hard. Much prefer playing on them, but seems they are harder on the joints.
Poor lad himself is looking for a new club whilst recovering from an ACL. He's doing his rehab at St George's park. Another 4G or woven pitch.

For what it's worth, I imagine injuries are becoming more common due to a combination of the condition you'd expect of a current top PL player and the slight change in football style. An increase in 'high pressing' high intensity type style. Chelsea or Leicester for example sit back, allow other teams the ball and spring quick counter attacks. I imagine Leicester players last year did far fewer shorter sprints than us, but far for longer sprints. Klopp said his players were getting too many injuries after he tried to implement his BVB style on Liverpool.
Leicester who played mainly on the counter and Chelsea likewise suffered far fewer injuries than us, Liverpool and Arsenal that all try a high pressing type of style. On the occassions we had all our key players available and in the right positions, we were actually quite good. One I jury and our whole system was rendered useless.

I imagine we suffer a good few injuries because a good percentage of our key players were asked to press. Something they weren't particulally very good at or physically suited to in. The age of some of our players won't help. We have more overv30's than most.

If Sane has tweaked his hammy or worse, I would imagine a keenness to impresses may have been a contributing factor.

Did we watch the same Manchester City last year?

Did we watch the same Manchester City last year?

Yep. That's why I expressed on occasion and one injury rendered it all useless.

There was an idea of a plan to press. We simply haven't got the athletes do it.
I believe our injury issues was due to us asking too much physically of players not suited.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.