Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

He wasn't picked because Low preferred Reus and Brandt. Reus is more established and Brandt has a better work ethic and is more consistent. Sane has talent but his attitude has been questioned - he couldn't get in our team at the start of the season because he came back to pre season overweight and didn't work hard enough.

Germany under performed collectively and I don't think Sane would have made enough (if any) difference on his own. The fact he wasn't there is a good thing as he won't be tarnished with this, but I expect things might get worse for Ilkay though.

Sorry, but this is rubbish. Reus is more established but after than its all nonsense. Brandt has a better work ethic than Sané? How's this? What evidence is there of this? Sane's work ethic is fantastic. How is a winger with far inferior output more consistent?

As for not getting in the side, A, he started the first home game of the season. B, Sterling wasn't playing either, was that work ethic? Or was it down to us simply not playing wingers in our 352?

A player of Sané talents would have made a huge difference. He's been beating better packed defences all season.

They're out because they fell into the trap of negative selection. They went backwards and did what England have often done, picked tried and trusted regardless of form. Off the top of my head, Draxler, Muller, Reus & Ozil have all had incredibly average seasons. Sané, an outstanding one.

GERMANY, were poor . Sane would not have made that much difference.

Clearly he should have had a place in the squad, but to argue that he would turn them into World beaters is a bit silly.

Sané was playing with Silva, playing virtually perfect one-twos that left the full back for dead, and it was clear early on that they had built up an astonishing understanding. It will be very interesting to see if that continues next season.
Not sure that he would have changed that much about this result. Germany were poor right across the field, from Neuer onwards.

This.

It seems German players were picked to fit in with the system rather than on the basis of their strengths except no-one seemed to know what they were doing. I can see deep soul searching taking place.

The Bundesliga has been talked up for years by the Germans for developing the best players with the best approach and strongest mentality. They thought business as usual after the Confederations Cup win but hubris caught up and they go home bottom of their group that had been seen as one of the easiest.

Sane wouldnt have played in that German team, much as Brandt didnt. He would have been along for the ride, Low wouldnt have picked him, he would have been tarnished with the same brush. Glad he didnt go, this is not a good German team even with Sane.

Now though they will be back next time and I expect Sane, two years older, to be one of the spearhead of that team.

I’m glad things have worked out this way. If Leroy had gone he wouldn’t have started and would have been expected to go on as a sub and ‘change games’. That’s a tough ask for a young player in any context, but at a World Cup, for Germany, surrounded by underperforming superstars.... don’t think he would have made much difference and would have had his confidence battered. Lowe will go and Leroy will be a key part of the rebuild. Plus he comes back to us rested and escaping the mental trauma the German squad will face.

Sorry, but this is rubbish. Reus is more established but after than its all nonsense. Brandt has a better work ethic than Sané? How's this? What evidence is there of this? Sane's work ethic is fantastic. How is a winger with far inferior output more consistent?

As for not getting in the side, A, he started the first home game of the season. B, Sterling wasn't playing either, was that work ethic? Or was it down to us simply not playing wingers in our 352?

A player of Sané talents would have made a huge difference. He's been beating better packed defences all season.

They're out because they fell into the trap of negative selection. They went backwards and did what England have often done, picked tried and trusted regardless of form. Off the top of my head, Draxler, Muller, Reus & Ozil have all had incredibly average seasons. Sané, an outstanding one.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, as am I. Pep agrees with mine though.

If you watch them play, Brandt works harder than Sane, and therefore is more involved in the game. Equally, I felt Sterling was more consistent than Sane (in terms of level of performance) but I'm aware Leroy took the individual award at the end of the season.

As I've said, if I was Germany manager, I would have taken and started him personally, but my original post was to disagree with a poster saying Sane had been left out as a punishment for choosing to come to City rather than stay in Germany, and was offering justification.

You make a good point about some of those players getting picked despite having mediocre seasons. They are reigning champions though so it was a little different to England playing Rooney etc. There is no way of knowing whether Sane would have made a difference though.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, as am I. Pep agrees with mine though.

If you watch them play, Brandt works harder than Sane, and therefore is more involved in the game. Equally, I felt Sterling was more consistent than Sane (in terms of level of performance) but I'm aware Leroy took the individual award at the end of the season.

As I've said, if I was Germany manager, I would have taken and started him personally, but my original post was to disagree with a poster saying Sane had been left out as a punishment for choosing to come to City rather than stay in Germany, and was offering justification.

You make a good point about some of those players getting picked despite having mediocre seasons. They are reigning champions though so it was a little different to England playing Rooney etc. There is no way of knowing whether Sane would have made a difference though.

How does Pep agree with you? He plays Sané every week. He could have signed Brandt or Reus any time he wanted. Yet he signed Sané and played him every week. Sané played every big game for us when fit, Aguero, Jesus and Sterling were all left out of big games. I think we know who Pep trusts the most.

The punishment thing isn't far fetched, pissing off Bayern is a big thing. The exclusion certainly wasn't supported by statistics or form.

Sane would not have made a difference to Germany, he needs space to work in and at City we create the space for him to run into. Lowe likes to congest the middle of the park and play inside forwards, allowing space for the fullbacks, he doesn't change that for anyone and that's been proven in the few games Sane has played for Germany.

I would have took him (and started him) personally based on the season he had, I just disagreed with the point @Blue Llama made that it was a punishment for Sane playing for City and not Bayern Munich. There were justified reasons Low didn't take him, whether you agree or disagree.

To suggest Low made that decision out of spite is ridiculous, especially as it will lead to him losing his job.
True

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.