Santa Cruz

mancity1 said:
Had an eye injury shortly after he came on according to the OS.

I think he is one of Hughes favourites though and given that should have come off , put Petrov on the left and Bellamy on the right.

Also Zab will probably miss at least the next two /three matches with scans to come for NDJ and KT.

He has been excellent IMO since returning to the fold and will be missed.

All in all a good point but not so good on the injury front.

Be interesting if Silvinyo starts ahead of Richards against Wigan assuming Kompany will be eased in off the bench.

I doubt Hughes will risk Kolo if he is not 100 per cent right so we may have to start Richards at centre back.

An eye injury? Oh diddums. Is this a grown man we're talking about?

Used to get stamped on the head, back and legs playing rugby. Fuck sake, he'll be out for another 6 months now.

Ricster said:
mancity1 said:

I think he is one of Hughes favourites though and given that should have come off , put Petrov on the left and Bellamy on the right.

Also Zab will probably miss at least the next two /three matches with scans to come for NDJ and KT.

Be interesting if Silvinyo starts ahead of Richards against Wigan assuming Kompany will be eased in off the bench.

I doubt Hughes will risk Kolo if he is not 100 per cent right so we may have to start Richards at centre back.

Used to get stamped on the head, back and legs playing rugby. Fuck sake, he'll be out for another 6 months now.

Personally I would be fucked without my contact lenses and I think having your sight hindered would probably significantly affect your game. And na, I don't think it'll keep him out for 6 months, that's just silly...

Ricster said:
mancity1 said:

That's a daft argument. I've played both Rugby and Football and I have to say I'd struggle more playing Football with a bad eye than Rugby. And I was a back not a forward. Rugby is mainly about pace and power and very much more team-play, football is more about pace and skill with less team play (I'll argue this with anyone happily in a PM so don't be afraid to drop me a line).

I agree that RSC is not match fit and rather than Tevez for RSC I'd have brought off SWP for Petrov. But I would still have brought him on for Tevez in the last 10 mins if it was still 1-1.

I must have been watching a different match to some people though because when RSC came on I saw him chasing players down twice as often as Ade. I just think his match fitness meant his touch let him down. That's all.

100%manc said:
I know he has not had much play, and I know he will improve but tonight he hardly broke out of walking pace. He is Frustrating. what do other people think??
looked very slow and first touch woeful tonight

Coming on as a sub is never easy,but something the squad payers need to get used to.
As long as he`s flying by january he could urn out to be a vital signing for us getting top 4.

mancity1 said:

I wouldn't have brought him on for Given!

Sorry

Cheltblue said:
Very poor managerial decision to a) blood an unfit stricker in such a tight game, and b) leave Petrov on the bench when he is one of our very in-form players. Last 20 last night Petrov could have caused havoc with a tiring Villa defence. Instead Santa Cruz looked like he was in a warm-up at Carrington.

Far too early to judge RSC although i've never been a big fan of his, but surely the reserves is a better place to lose his ring rust than one of our most important games of the season so far.

Hughes appears to be learning but still shows some major managerial frailties, imo!

In a tight game like that Petrov can cause havoc; by neglecting his defensive duties and leaving his Bridge exposed 2 v 1.I think the manager got it right.

pissedagain said:
hope someone can show tevez how to pass a ball to another city player

I made a better job of passing kidney stones than Tevez does at passing a ball.
Only joking, before people go apeshit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.