Sarah Everard murder | Wayne Couzens given whole-life sentence

There is a huge difference between a woman attacking a man and the opposite due to the general size difference between the genders. If my mrs attacked me, sure she could hurt me, but it would take something special to do real damage. I could easily hospitalise her if I did the reverse so that statistic about male violence means fuck all as it is a false equivalence.

No, it really isn't. Violence is violence.

No, it really isn't. Violence is violence.
Yes, violence is violence. That's because violence is the same word as violence. Violence from a stronger person towards a less strong person is not the same as violence from the weaker person to the stronger. The stronger person is in a position of power to do greater damage and this is something that is completely missed when people start talking about "oooh, men have it really bad too". I know many women who've had the shite kicked out of them by previous boyfriends, I know many blokes who've had a few slaps of pyscho girlfriends. The two are not the same.

Yes, violence is violence. That's because violence is the same word as violence. Violence from a stronger person towards a less strong person is not the same as violence from the weaker person to the stronger. The stronger person is in a position of power to do greater damage and this is something that is completely missed when people start talking about "oooh, men have it really bad too". I know many women who've had the shite kicked out of them by previous boyfriends, I know many blokes who've had a few slaps of pyscho girlfriends. The two are not the same.

You do know the definition of domestic violence that is used in compiling the stats don't you ?

"Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. This can encompass but is not limited to the following types of abuse:

• psychological
  • physical
  • sexual
  • financial
  • emotional
Controlling behaviour is: a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour.

Coercive behaviour is: an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.” *"

So domestic violence isn't about "having the shit kicked out of them" which, in any event, is already covered by other offences such as GBH, ABH etc.

What's more, and I won't quote the myriad authorities on the subject which you can find if you are sufficiently open-minded to Google it, but the incidence of DV in same-sex couples is comparable to heterosexual couples. Current thinking is that most DV is a result of proximity rather than men trying to subjugate women.

Many and perhaps rightly so Bob believe little has been done to properly address DM since man pulled a woman by the hair into the cave.

There was a time when police couldn't act particularly when it occurred in the privacy of the home so some progress has been made.

Interestingly in Australia the stats indicate that 20 per cent of domestic violence is inflicted on the male in a relationship with a woman and its on the rise.

A large amount of domestic violence still goes unreported and hence is not investigated.

Yes, there is a inbuilt cultural bias not to interfere. In times past it was permissible for a man to beat his wife and there are still echoes of that today.

I think, simply listening to people who are victims would help, rather than dismissing, or being unsympathetic, and encouraging people to talk about it. I imagine it is difficult for a man as the ‘hen pecked’ husband is the stuff of comedy, and likely to draw contempt as much as anything. It is interesting to see how society and cultural values shape our attitudes.

Sometimes, I think both men and women are stuck in rigid roles, imprisoned by society’s attitudes and norms that demand they live as society decrees rather than what suits them.

Agreed. The power dynamic and imbalance, which invariably favours men is a crucial factor when discussing this issue.

It‘s not just a matter of physical strength, but economic power too. Back in the day, it was accepted practice that a woman needed a husbands written permission to open a bank account and there are still aspects of this today. Disparity in pay levels between men and women for example.

You do know the definition of domestic violence that is used in compiling the stats don't you ?

"Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. This can encompass but is not limited to the following types of abuse:

• psychological
  • physical
  • sexual
  • financial
  • emotional
Controlling behaviour is: a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour.

Coercive behaviour is: an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.” *"

So domestic violence isn't about "having the shit kicked out of them" which, in any event, is already covered by other offences such as GBH, ABH etc.

What's more, and I won't quote the myriad authorities on the subject which you can find if you are sufficiently open-minded to Google it, but the incidence of DV in same-sex couples is comparable to heterosexual couples. Current thinking is that most DV is a result of proximity rather than men trying to subjugate women.
Sounds like the prosecution sheet for a well known Welsh born ex rag player....

There is a huge difference between a woman attacking a man and the opposite due to the general size difference between the genders. If my mrs attacked me, sure she could hurt me, but it would take something special to do real damage. I could easily hospitalise her if I did the reverse so that statistic about male violence means fuck all as it is a false equivalence.
I wasn't drawing a comparison bluejon both are to be frowned upon as totally unacceptable and our laws IMO are not nearly punitive enough and often the police who can only administer the law become disillusioned at the judiciary outcome and good cops leave the force as a result.

The point I was making was that woman are violent to men in relationships both physically and mentally and this is not getting as much coverage as the massive problem of domestic violence of woman against men and the shocking violence of one or both in a relationship towards their defenceless children in far more families than we want to imagine.

Some just cannot cope with life and unfortunately the impacts on children in a domestic abuse situation are often life changing for the worse.

its not uncommon for serial killers to come out of a home where they suffer physical and mental abuse from one or both parents often sexual in nature.

A woman could come up behind you and clock you and your history and some men will not defend themselves in a physical capacity and are completely dominated both mentally and physically by a woman despite the differences you allude to.

While your point is valid bluejon its little bit naive and sterotyped.

Can you start a thread about female on male violence , this is about the rape and murder of sarah by a police officer , another one from his unit has been arrested on a seperate rape charge , this is the problem in this thread

I wasn't drawing a comparison bluejon both are to be frowned upon as totally unacceptable and our laws IMO are not nearly punitive enough and often the police who can only administer the law become disillusioned at the judiciary outcome and good cops leave the force as a result.

The point I was making was that woman are violent to men in relationships both physically and mentally and this is not getting as much coverage as the massive problem of domestic violence of woman against men and the shocking violence of one or both in a relationship towards their defenceless children in far more families than we want to imagine.

Some just cannot cope with life and unfortunately the impacts on children in a domestic abuse situation are often life changing for the worse.

its not uncommon for serial killers to come out of a home where they suffer physical and mental abuse from one or both parents often sexual in nature.

A woman could come up behind you and clock you and your history and some men will not defend themselves in a physical capacity and are completely dominated both mentally and physically by a woman despite the differences you allude to.

While your point is valid bluejon its little bit naive and sterotyped.
I guess i posted because i didn't think your post was particularly relevant for a thread that is specifically about the murder of a woman by a man who abused his position as a police officer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.