SAS Who dares wins

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by inchy14, 6 Jan 2019.

1. Bluemanc100

Bluemanc100

Those were the days.... two tours of Cyprus were action packed that's for sure...

Akrotiri Arms ..... Or were talking about somewhere else?

There used to be an Irish Bar in Limassol where the people described as "cunts" in an earlier post used to go after a successful job.... ironic as there were always squaddies in there who assumed I guess that these fuckers would never shit on their own doorstep and ruin their holidays by doing anything while there

2. karen7

karen7

That takes me back,i was at home waiting on news about about my fella in the navy,it was so shocking we were losing ships and waiting for the dreaded knock on the door

3. kinkyblue

kinkyblue

Loved my posting to Akrotiri, apart from the day the mortar bombs rained down on us one Sunday!

4. staffs_blue

staffs_blue

I'm sure the Swedish SOG are pretty bad ass but I thought that it was universally accepted that the SAS/SBS, Delta and DEVGRU (Seal Team Six) were classed as Tier 1 operators and were just that bit better than all the other worlds Special Forces?

5. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Definitely the Akrotiri Arms. I still have one or two T-Shirts somewhere.

6. Mr Ed (The Stables)

Mr Ed (The Stables)

As a normal punter I have the greatest respect for our Special Forces whether it be the SAS or SBS, from what I've read they are the best in the World.

7. bluevillain

bluevillain

It still baffles me how lucky I was. Getting out of a devastated on fire ops room. If the third bomb had of gone off I think my number was deffo up.
    She was going down pretty quick. So training just kicked in to be honest. It wasn’t until I was hanging onto a life raft, watching the ship burning that I had the thought. My mums going to flip when she finds out about it.

8. bluevillain

bluevillain

I was 18 back then so a bit of bravado and belief in the ships abilities was to be expected. The Exocet threat was the one that made you crack it most. Ironic that plain old iron bombs did for us.

9. blueinsa

blueinsa

Happy to have you here posting mate and thoughts with all those that never got the chance to make the journey home.

Brave men and women all.

jonah62 and andyhinch like this.
  10. bluevillain

bluevillain

Cheers mate. I go to Pomoey every year in May to honour those still on patrol.

blueinsa likes this.