Saudi Sovereign fund

It would be disqualified by FFP as it's clearly a related party transaction

All dirty oil Arabs are the same
it should be disqualified. but they ll try to find a way (accountingwise) (turkish clubs, esp fenerbahce, also gala did lots of accounting tricks to avoid FFP, and they did well, it is easy-they have contacts, president of FB is one of main sponsors of champions league etc-etc).... uefa is so shitty. anything may happen. thats what i am afraid of....

Well Israel and Australia are allowed in the song contest already
i have no problem if a club has a fan base, a culture, a history. and if they dont manipulate the transfer market...
of course as a football fan, i miss 80s and 90s before bosman... (i have a very left political view/altough i am a finance guy)but thats too romantic. we live in a new world.... i accept this.

do you know how much gala paid to icardi last season, (loan- yearly salary)
750.000 EURO. officially.
:)))
who believes that? not me...

i have no problem if a club has a fan base, a culture, a history. and if they dont manipulate the transfer market...
of course as a football fan, i miss 80s and 90s before bosman... (i have a very left political view/altough i am a finance guy)but thats too romantic. we live in a new world.... i accept this.
Every club, since the inception of the early leagues have had to invest money, research how transfer fees have evolved, where did the money come from for the dippers (who at the time were in the 2nd division to buy St. John, think it was about £60,000 - at the time very expensive.

How many fans does a club need to pass your criteria, my brother (family idiot) supports Stockport County.

What do you mean by manipulating the transfer market?

Every club, since the inception of the early leagues have had to invest money, research how transfer fees have evolved, where did the money come from for the dippers (who at the time were in the 2nd division to buy St. John, think it was about £60,000 - at the time very expensive.

How many fans does a club need to pass your criteria, my brother (family idiot) supports Stockport County.

What do you mean by manipulating the transfer market?
Lee supports Stockport also, i met him in istanul (from the forum) :)))

you are right. i dont know. but there should be criterias.

manipulating the transfer market means, just like manupulating the stock market...
apple stock is at the moment USD 184... if you try to buy apple stock this monday for 300 USD, and many shares of stocks, lets say you wanna buy USD 100mio of apple share from USD 300/share. that is manipulation, it is not allowed. you are playing with market dynamics... you ll get banned from stock market.
ok, if you wanna give icardi for example (his wage in PSG is around 10 mio EUR/yearly).
if saudis offer him, 20 mio EUR. that is harming the football industry.... you should explain in financial markets (to regulatar bodies like SEC or FCA UK): ''why are you paying that amount? what are your projections? will icardi generate your club that much cash flow in future? no he will not. if he will, ok, pay him''.
but when saudis pay icardi 20 mio EUR then, then all the similar player will demand wages of around that amount. what will happen? the clubs who want to compete will increase the wages, but where will the money come from? they will increase the price of season tickets, tv subscription prices will increase, then the beer prices will increase in pubs, since pubs should make a profit. that will fuck the whole market...

also creating a monopoly is illegal (microsoft cases). if saudis try to buy all the player, they are creating a monopoly.

there are limitations and regulations in finace. (microsoft - blizzard case is a recent one, i wrote a post about it this morning).

i dont know which criterias should come. very complicated subject.

i love the quote of milton freedmon (nobel price winner in economics) ''we have been sailing in unchareterd waters, and it has been taking time to find the safest route''

football industry is sailing in unchartered waters since bosman... i dont know the safest route...

cheers

It's a peculiar one. Do the Saudis insist that players actually live in the country with their families, or would they be free to live in, say, Dubai, while the players live and work in country? Ronaldo apparently lives in Saudi with his partner, with the authorities turning a blind eye to the fact that they live together though unmarried, an arrangement illegal under the country's law.

My guess would be they’ll all live in the UAE. Flight in the weekend of the game. Maybe for a couple of training sessions a week.

If I were the family of a player or a player was my son, I’d be asking about the health implications. Is playing abd training in that heat good for you?

Lee supports Stockport also, i met him in istanul (from the forum) :)))

you are right. i dont know. but there should be criterias.

manipulating the transfer market means, just like manupulating the stock market...
apple stock is at the moment USD 184... if you try to buy apple stock this monday for 300 USD, and many shares of stocks, lets say you wanna buy USD 100mio of apple share from USD 300/share. that is manipulation, it is not allowed. you are playing with market dynamics... you ll get banned from stock market.
ok, if you wanna give icardi for example (his wage in PSG is around 10 mio EUR/yearly).
if saudis offer him, 20 mio EUR. that is harming the football industry.... you should explain in financial markets (to regulatar bodies like SEC or FCA UK): ''why are you paying that amount? what are your projections? will icardi generate your club that much cash flow in future? no he will not. if he will, ok, pay him''.
but when saudis pay icardi 20 mio EUR then, then all the similar player will demand wages of around that amount. what will happen? the clubs who want to compete will increase the wages, but where will the money come from? they will increase the price of season tickets, tv subscription prices will increase, then the beer prices will increase in pubs, since pubs should make a profit. that will fuck the whole market...

also creating a monopoly is illegal (microsoft cases). if saudis try to buy all the player, they are creating a monopoly.

there are limitations and regulations in finace. (microsoft - blizzard case is a recent one, i wrote a post about it this morning).

i dont know which criterias should come. very complicated subject.

i love the quote of milton freedmon (nobel price winner in economics) ''we have been sailing in unchareterd waters, and it has been taking time to find the safest route''

football industry is sailing in unchartered waters since bosman... i dont know the safest route...

cheers
OK, perhaps I asked the wrong question, how does a club manipulate the transfer market? Manchester City certainly don't

My guess would be they’ll all live in the UAE. Flight in the weekend of the game. Maybe for a couple of training sessions a week.

If I were the family of a player or a player was my son, I’d be asking about the health implications. Is playing abd training in that heat good for you?
That's what I initially thought, but then it sends a rather conflicting message, assuming that the idea is to make the country and its league more attractive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.