Saudi Sovereign fund

Sleeping in a portacabin wasn't great. Half empty stadiums in the opening rounds
Yep, thought it was pretty shit to be honest, completely stage managed from the start. Just didn’t have the feel of a proper World Cup and fuck all for fans to see or do in between games and a big rip off, (mind that Istanbul also took advantage of the fans).

What would happen say if, in 5-10 years, the Saudi league applied to participate in the ‘European’ competitions?

What would happen say if, in 5-10 years, the Saudi league applied to participate in the ‘European’ competitions?
They’d let them in if enough money was involved. It’ll be the death knell of some of the self-styled history clubs.

Can’t imagine the likes of Kyle Walker getting his nob out in Saudi. One of my ex partners lives in Saudi. She hates it. She’s early 40’s now. So partying isn’t her thing anymore. I can’t imagine all these young WAGS enjoying Saudi. It’s far from the party scene in Dubai.

Money is one thing, but the majority of footballers are in it for the prestige. It will be a retirement plan for some players with families. Or players like Icardi with ideas above their station. Like Hulk etc before him. Can’t imagine that misses Icardi will enjoy it so much.

If players want to go there, work hard and enjoy all the trappings, then fair fucks to them.

Sleeping in a portacabin wasn't great. Half empty stadiums in the opening rounds
It’s good to broader the horizons with football.

If you think this was bad wait for the expanded World Cup with a bunch of shizer games and tournament lasting forever. I’ll be tuning in for the final week and skip the other 5 weeks.

Yep, see that. We have the Israeli’s playing in the chumps and Europa. So can’t wait for a few more Middle Eastern countries like Iran, Iraq, Libya, might as well add Lebanon and Palestine as geographically these two nations are closer than the Israelis.

Money is one thing, but the majority of footballers are in it for the prestige. It will be a retirement plan for some players with families. Or players like Icardi with ideas above their station. Like Hulk etc before him. Can’t imagine that misses Icardi will enjoy it so much.
The Family Man would have loved it if he was still playing, all that money and no legal repercussions for kicking the living fuck out of his missus regularly.

Can’t imagine the likes of Kyle Walker getting his nob out in Saudi. One of my ex partners lives in Saudi. She hates it. She’s early 40’s now. So partying isn’t her thing anymore. I can’t imagine all these young WAGS enjoying Saudi. It’s far from the party scene in Dubai.

If players want to go there, work hard and enjoy all the trappings, then fair fucks to them.
It's a peculiar one. Do the Saudis insist that players actually live in the country with their families, or would they be free to live in, say, Dubai, while the players live and work in country? Ronaldo apparently lives in Saudi with his partner, with the authorities turning a blind eye to the fact that they live together though unmarried, an arrangement illegal under the country's law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.