Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

smudgedj said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
smudgedj said:

Oh dear - disgusting and sickening. Evolution´s failures.

FA should drag Liverpool in and hit them with a fine and points deduction.

Why should Liverpool be punished for what some idiots who happen to like them say on the internet? Should City be punished for threads on here about having a party when Fergie dies?

Unknown_Genius said:
smudgedj said:

Why should Liverpool be punished for what some idiots who happen to like them say on the internet? Should City be punished for threads on here about having a party when Fergie dies?

If the club release a statement saying they fully support the party thay should.

Unknown_Genius said:
smudgedj said:

Who is fueling the fire?

smudgedj said:
Unknown_Genius said:
smudgedj said:

Who is fueling the fire?

Liverpool's very public show of support to Suarez, isn't calming things down, but I get the feeling these idiots would still be spewing their bile regardless. You can't punish every club for what someone says on the internet, every club in the country would have to be punished then.

Unknown_Genius said:
smudgedj said:
Unknown_Genius said:

Who is fueling the fire?

Liverpool's very public show of support to Suarez, isn't calming things down, but I get the feeling these idiots would still be spewing their bile regardless. You can't punish every club for what someone says on the internet, every club in the country would have to be punished then.

The point is that by showing support for someone who has openly admitted to using a racist insult, they have encouraged the racist planks that are out there to believe that that sort of behaviour is acceptable. Instead of portraying Suarez as some sort of victim they should have taken the punishment on the chin. LFC are coming out of this looking like a bunch of self interested moral-less twats.

hgblue said:
Unknown_Genius said:
smudgedj said:
Who is fueling the fire?

The point is that by showing support for someone who has openly admitted to using a racist insult, they have encouraged the racist planks that are out there to believe that that sort of behaviour is acceptable. Instead of portraying Suarez as some sort of victim they should have taken the punishment on the chin. LFC are coming out of this looking like a bunch of self interested moral-less twats.

I think the big problem with this whole thing, is that its become a Liverpool vs Man United thing (wrongly), instead of a kicking racism out of football issue. Suarez getting banned is seen as United getting one over Liverpool, rather then a victory over racism in football. I think Suarez was naive and a bit daft to use the word "Negrito" in a European country, in a highly charged match, after a scuffle with Evra. I wouldn't say he's a racist, or that the term he used is the most racist thing he could have said, but he was stupid using it in the context of things, and he's being punished quite rightly. I believe strongly that the Liverpool-United rivalry is a huge factor in the support he's getting off Liverpool. By condemning him badly, I think Liverpool would see it as meekly letting United walk all over them, and supporting Evra, a very dislikable player from their point of view. If this had happened in a match between Liverpool, and lets say, Wigan, then I don't think it would create the storm it did.

Liverpool, and there are no two ways about it, are defending a racism.
The Rag Liverpool rivalry is part of it, but it would have been just as massive had it been a Liverpool Wigan game, that player would have just been as insulted as pissed off about it as Evra was.

But fans reactions from it in defense of it, has been disgraceful..that idiot on twitter is a result of the times we live in. I think it should be ignored, people like him banned, and hope that none of Gary Speeds family get to hear about it.
Why is it the crap things, the hate, the idiocy is all we talk about but not the good acts,
Shay Given brought one of Gary Speed's son to the Villa Arsenal game on the weekend, most be a particularly difficult time of year for them..the first Christmas is always the worst. But it's these things we should be hearing about, not that idiot on twitter.

If you go on quite a few football forums, you will find that the majority of fans from other clubs are not happy about the way Liverpool FC have handled this, they have created a monster and the danger is unless they bring it under control it will consume any good name they ever had. They will fast become the Millwall of the Prem

Ducado said:
If you go on quite a few football forums, you will find that the majority of fans from other clubs are not happy about the way Liverpool FC have handled this, they have created a monster and the danger is unless they bring it under control it will consume any good name they ever had. They will fast become the Millwall of the Prem

Can't see how Liverpool and queen Kenny are going to get out of it, especially if they appeal.

Like they say; build 10 bridges but fuck one goat, nobody calls you a bridge builder.

smudgedj said:
Ducado said:

Can't see how Liverpool and queen Kenny are going to get out of it, especially if they appeal.

Like they say; build 10 bridges but fuck one goat, nobody calls you a bridge builder.

I am astonished how badly they've handled this. The T Shirt stunt takes the absolute cake. The players and their manager are (quite literally) half-wits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.