Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez

For Liverpool at least (can't comment on country or his earlier teams) he often gets in good positions but his finishing is pretty average. That conversion rate bears it out, watch how many decent chances he gets a game and how few he puts in the net.

He's the sole fulcrum of their entire attack. Nine goals in a year is dreadful given that fact (especially when you add in all his other "qualities").

BillyShears said:
I don't disagree with that - the point i was making was simply that saying he's scored 9 in this calendar year is garbage is disingenuous when it's his first 12 months in PL - having come from the Dutch league which really is a different world.

I understand people like to vilify him for diving - but I just find questioning his ability as being a blinkered thing to do. The guys is a top drawer footballer...

....With a very average goal scoring record in England. I think fans of most clubs think he's a quality player but the Scousers would have you believe he is in the top 3 players in the world. I am friends with a Liverpool fan and at the start of the season he was saying he'd bet me that Suarez would score more goals than Aguero. I think it took Aguero 8 games to score more than Suarez had scored in his whole time in England.

And apart from anything else he's just a horrible, horrible player!

BillyShears said:
rassclot said:
BillyShears said:
Holding up his goal record in his first calendar year in English football is also hugely disingenuous (Mario only got 7 all last season). He's been key to anything and everything good Liverpool have done since he joined them.

last season mario scored 6 goals in 12 premier league starts. suarez scored 4 in 12 pl starts. marios's season was disrupted by injury. this season mario's goals per game ratio is way ahead of suarez.

I don't disagree with that - the point i was making was simply that saying he's scored 9 in this calendar year is garbage is disingenuous when it's his first 12 months in PL - having come from the Dutch league which really is a different world.

I understand people like to vilify him for diving - but I just find questioning his ability as being a blinkered thing to do. The guys is a top drawer footballer...

How is it disingenuous?

He's scored a mighty 9 goals and has a conversion rate of 7% of his shots. Are you saying the goals are wider in the Dutch league?

SWP's back said:
How is it disingenuous?

He's scored a mighty 9 goals and has a conversion rate of 7% of his shots. Are you saying the goals are wider in the Dutch league?

It's disingenuous because players, particularly forwards, need time to adapt to the PL. Particularly young ones coming from a vastly inferior league like the Dutch one. There are of course exceptions .... i'm not denying that ..... but it's a fools errand to judge a player before he's even completed a full season in the league and has been in the country less than 12 months. And to hold up his scoring record in that time as proof that he's not as good as people are saying is, like I keep coming back to, disingenuous and biased - which is of course to be expected as we're discussing a Liverpool player on a City forum...

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
How is it disingenuous?

It's disingenuous because players, particularly forwards, need time to adapt to the PL. Particularly young ones coming from a vastly inferior league like the Dutch one. There are of course exceptions .... i'm not denying that ..... but it's a fools errand to judge a player before he's even completed a full season in the league and has been in the country less than 12 months. And to hold up his scoring record in that time as proof that he's not as good as people are saying is, like I keep coming back to, disingenuous and biased - which is of course to be expected as we're discussing a Liverpool player on a City forum...
I don't deny he is a handful and liverpools most dangerous player, I just don't see him as being as good as some in the media (JR especially) would have him portrayed as being.

Suarez

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
Suarez is probably the best forward in the league outside of our squad. Would be the ideal replacement for Tevez. Not really that bothered about the comedy pantomime villain image with which he's being lumbered - his quality as a footballer is there for all to see.
Rooney
Van Persie
Sturridge
Torres
Bent
Drogba

Would say different. 9 goals in the calendar year is not the stuff of greatness Billy.

In all competitions this season

Suarez has 8 in 18 whereas Dzeko has 13 in 15, Aguero has 11 in 13, Balotelli has 10 in 14, RVP has 19 in 21 and Sturridge has 8 in 16.

And his conversion rate in the league is awful if it's 7%!

Another dutch league goal legend that couldnt hit a barn door in the prem ala Dirk Kuyt, Alfonso Alves.

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Lost Pilot said:
Another dutch league goal legend that couldnt hit a barn door in the prem ala Dirk Kuyt, Alfonso Alves.

Samaras, enough said.

Ah Gorgeous Georgios Samaras aka Freddie Mercury aka Sam Harris, what a rough diamond he was!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.