Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Suarez - 8 Match Ban

asgoodasitgets said:
johnmc said:
thomasobDK said:
there is no excuse.
but is it 4 times worse than a violent conduct?

Racism. Yes. At least
So let me get this right.
It s worse to verbally abuse someone about the colour of their skin than it is to beat the shit out of them ?

No ferguson got sent down Cantona got 12 games for that

Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
mancitygaz said:
Not read the whole thread so I don't know if it's been brought up but hasn't Suarez admitted calling Evra 'negrito' which has a different meaning in Uruguay.

Quote:
However, in Spanish-speaking countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay where there are few people of African origin and appearance, negro (negra for females) is commonly used to refer to partners, close friends[13] or people in general independent of skin color.

Unless the FA have conclusive video evidence proving Suarez guilty then it's very harsh imo.
Mud sticks and they need to be 100% certain on this before issuing such bans and labelling him racist.

If however they do have the proof of his guilt then he deserves everything he gets.
even if he used a term that isn't classed as racist players are briefed on the "Kick It Out Campaign" so he would know using terms refering to someones colour aren't acceptable here
Look mate I'm not trying to fight his corner or anything here, just highlighting a grey area.
Re-read the highlighted bit of the quote.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Chris in London said:
City Raider said:
The FA statement added: "The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal."

They've got to make a quick decision then, if he accepts the ban and misses tomorrow night, he's back for the 2nd leg of the semi, if he plays tomorrow night he misses both legs

This is the FA statement:

An Independent Regulatory Commission has today [Tuesday 20 December 2011] found a charge of misconduct against Luis Suarez proven, and have issued a suspension for a period of eight matches as well as fining him £40,000, pending appeal.

On 16 November 2011, The Football Association charged Luis Suarez with misconduct contrary to FA Rule E3 in relation to the Liverpool FC versus Manchester United FC fixture on 15 October 2011.

A hearing took place from 14-20 December 2011 before an Independent Regulatory Commission of The FA to consider the charge.

The Independent Regulatory Commission announced its decision on 20 December 2011, which is as follows:

1.Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
2.the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);
3.Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;
4.the [penalty] is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.
The Independent Regulatory Commission will provide written reasons for its decision in due course setting out:

(a) the findings of fact made by it;

(b) the reasons for its decision finding the charge proved; and

(c) the reasons for the penalty.

Mr Suarez has the right to appeal the decision of the Independent Regulatory Commission to an Appeal Board. An appeal must be lodged within 14 days of the date of the written reasons for the decision.

The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal.

Some points to note:

first, the time for the appeal is 14 days, but that starts to run only when the written reasons for the decision are published. My guess is that that will be soon, but still the appeal period does not start today.

secondly, time limits for appeals etc usually do not take notice of Christmas day and other bank holidays. So even if the written reasons are out tomorrow, the time for an appeal will not expire for 17 days after that - ie until 7th January. More realistically, the written decision will come out at some point in the next 2 weeks and he will have 14 days (plus bank holidays, if any) to appeal from then on. During that time, the suspension does not kick in, so he probably will be available for the league game against us and maybe the first leg as well.

thirdly, Liverpool can manipulate when the appeal process runs from. If they want, they can accept tomorrow that Suarez wont appeal. That means the 8 game ban starts with immediate effect, covering the pre Xmas, Boxing day and new years fixtures. As I reckon it, that would mean he was back for the 2nd leg of the CC, subject to any other ban he might receive for the Fulham incident. On that, having banned him for 8 games for this, I can imagine the FA wouldn't be keen to ban him further for a separate incident.

fourthly, this hearing took five days, at which the FA and Liverpool had some shit hot QCs. the written reasons will be long, as they need to dissect Liverpool's evidence about cultural reasons why Suarez called Evra whatever he did. Liverpool will put in their reasons for an appeal, the FA will respond. In short, the appeal hearing could easily be two months away. The 8 game suspension does not commence until the appeal is concluded. What this means is that if Liverpool appeal and lose, Suarez would be available for the CC semi against us but maybe not for the final - if the appeal is heard before then. Liverpool's big decision is whether to prioritise the league or the CC. If their priority is the league, they won't appeal and 3 cup games will be used to soak up part of the total 8 games he's suspended for (2 vs us, & FAC vs Oldham at home). So he is missing for 5 league games only. But if their priority is a trophy, appealing would mean he is available against us and maybe the final too, maybe not, depending on when the appeal is heard. But the final is against either Cardiff or Palace, who the dippers should turn over (if they get past us) even without Suarez.

They also need to remember that a frivolous appeal might lengthen any suspension, as it did with Camelface when they appealed so he could play us in the CC semi 2 years ago. That decision cost Taggart the title that season, as I recall it.

I can imagine that given the choice, the dipper fans would say they want silverware. I'm not sure the directors would see it the same way - being out of the Champions League is hurting them financially to the tune of 30-40m a year.

Excellent summary and I agree with the last bit. They will still feel they have a chance in the Semi without him especially as we may not play a full strength side.

Oh aye MWV-carroll is better than Aguero dont forget!

Re: Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

asgoodasitgets said:
johnmc said:
thomasobDK said:
there is no excuse.

Racism. Yes. At least
It s worse to verbally abuse someone about the colour of their skin than it is to beat the shit out of them ?

Is racism on a the pitch worse than violent conduct on the pitch ? Absolutely yes. Shocked you have to ask.

Re: Suarez

they are obsessed with Fergie for some weird reason. They are convinced he worries about them everyday lool

Re: Re: Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

asgoodasitgets said:
johnmc said:
thomasobDK said:
there is no excuse.

Racism. Yes. At least

We are talking football. When has anyone kicked the shit out of someone on the pitch. The original.question asked whether violent conduct carrying a two game ban is better or worse than racism on the pitch.

Re: Suarez

Just when you thought RAWK could not get any better

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FMD WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.

There was a smell of conspiracy from the get go. They know the REDS are coming and they are trying to halt our charge to the top 4. FUCK THEM. They smell unilty at LFC and know we are on our way to domination once more and Mr Alex Ferguson is trying to stop it. HOW THE FUCK can one manager have so much influence on a game as LARGE on the world scale as the PL.

I am confused, baffled, angry, pissed and FUCKING LIVID.

Suarez, YNWA my friend. LFC are right behind you in this tough time. Its what we do best.

We will win this battle. Time for the Reds to stand tall and FIRE THE FUCK UP.

mancitygaz said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
mancitygaz said:
Not read the whole thread so I don't know if it's been brought up but hasn't Suarez admitted calling Evra 'negrito' which has a different meaning in Uruguay.

Quote:
However, in Spanish-speaking countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay where there are few people of African origin and appearance, negro (negra for females) is commonly used to refer to partners, close friends[13] or people in general independent of skin color.

Unless the FA have conclusive video evidence proving Suarez guilty then it's very harsh imo.
Mud sticks and they need to be 100% certain on this before issuing such bans and labelling him racist.

If however they do have the proof of his guilt then he deserves everything he gets.
even if he used a term that isn't classed as racist players are briefed on the "Kick It Out Campaign" so he would know using terms refering to someones colour aren't acceptable here
Look mate I'm not trying to fight his corner or anything here, just highlighting a grey area.
Re-read the highlighted bit of the quote.
no need my reply covered it there is no grey area. The bin dippers are all saying it as if it's a defence sadly with the work Kick it Out do, it isn't a defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.