Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

thomasobDK said:
johnmc said:
thomasobDK said:
have political correctness really taken so much over in the world, that calling somebody something nasty is worse than actually physically hurting them?

Political correctness and racism are two different things pal.

what if he had called him a cocksucking bastard then? thats just as offensive to gay people?

Is evra gay?

Re: Re: Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

thomasobDK said:
johnmc said:
asgoodasitgets said:
So let me get this right.
It s worse to verbally abuse someone about the colour of their skin than it is to beat the shit out of them ?

We are talking football. When has anyone kicked the shit out of someone on the pitch. The original.question asked whether violent conduct carrying a two game ban is better or worse than racism on the pitch.

have political correctness really taken so much over in the world, that calling somebody something nasty is worse than actually physically hurting them?
Yes, physcological abuse is much more detrimental than a yellow card. Get real

Re: Suarez

can someone just clear this up for me, suarez throws racist remarks to evra the fa look into whats gone on and give suarez an 8 match ban and 40 grand fine now the bit that confuses me is that no one has come forward and made a statement to back evra up 'i'm not saying he didnt make these remarks' i cant see how the fa could possibly enforce such a ban and fine without witneses or am i missing somthing here??

Re: Suarez

That statement from LFC is dowright wrong. Suarez can't be racist because his grandfather was black??? Anyone with a semblance of knowledge about historical race relations will know that some of the most heinous racially motivated crimes were commitent by people of similar lineage. This is particularly true in parts of both North and South America, where there is serious racial violence against people based on the shade of their skin, rather than their ethnology. That's why indiciduals of similar racial heritage will use phrases like "high yella" or "puro indio" which can be more offensive and directed with more malice than racism from one race to another. Every intelligent American knows this, as it has been a huge problem here for decades, so I'd be shocked if this passed through John Henry and the ownership themselves.

This type of racism is especially present in places (like Uruguay) where there is a clear demarcation between the social classes along color lines, even if ethnologies might be similar.

Re: Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

asgoodasitgets said:
Davs 19 said:
asgoodasitgets said:
So let me get this right.
It s worse to verbally abuse someone about the colour of their skin than it is to beat the shit out of them ?

Is racism on a the pitch worse than violent conduct on the pitch ? Absolutely yes. Shocked you have to ask.
Shocked ? Don t be so melodramatic, it s embarrasing .
So a few choice words about ethnicity are worse than trying to injure someone?
How many careers have been ended by verbal abuse?
What next ? Lankyism ? Fattism? Baldiness?
In no way do I condone Suarez and his racism but some of the comments are astounding to say the least.

Yes ! I do find 'a few choice words about ethnicity' ( most right minded people would call it racist abuse ) worse than violent conduct on the pitch. If you don't get why, that's very much your problem. Melodramatic ? Rather that than live in your world IMO.

Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

Even if somehow the 8-match ban for racist comments is not justified it serves him right for all of the "fair play" he brings to our league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.